Ok i dont want anyone to exactly answer the question but could somebody explain what i have to do to get at certain grades. If not some well known songs which would make me at a certain grade. Thx and i hope i made sense.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
???? i mean for guitar
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Ok maybe im in the wrong forum
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by RGT_HRG1
kindergarten

Preschool
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
man im confused
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

yeah, Ungraded to grade 8. At my schools grade 2 = GCSE and pass xD
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by regret_not
beginner , intermediate , expert manybe?

no
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

You can take grades for guitar yes. In the U.K, UCAS (they're the ones who give you university points once you get past grade 5) recognised 'Rock School' exams can be taken at all of the common grades and with all modern rock instruments, including vocals and guitar.
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by shakysam
You can take grades for guitar yes. In the U.K, UCAS (they're the ones who give you university points once you get past grade 5) recognised 'Rock School' exams can be taken at all of the common grades and with all modern rock instruments, including vocals.

finally thats there question answered
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

bah forget it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by yeovil4eva
u get grades by doin exams, not just by playing songs

i know
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

You are your own grade. It is stupid and pointless to classify players by specific grades, because not every player is the same.
wtf, grades for guitar??

I dont even have music class and you have guitar courses that grade you and everything?

Thats a dumb idea anyway.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

If you can play Fade To Black, you're a level 23 Dungeon Master. If you're stuck on Blink 182, you're a -14 Wet Tortoise. Happy?
Actually, grades are not pointless. If you want to study music at uni you have to have a grade or be at an equivalent level. For each grade there are a certain number of scales, arpeggios etc you have to know. Its also to use as a benchmark. You cant go up to a guitar proffessor and say ''i have my own grades!" he/she will laugh at you and tell you to get lost.
LOL well said cudemans, benchmark is the perfect word for grades. You get certificates for grades too which are perfect for your resume (in ANY job)
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
Ok i dont want anyone to exactly answer the question but could somebody explain what i have to do to get at certain grades. If not some well known songs which would make me at a certain grade. Thx and i hope i made sense.

you can start by playing some simple plan stuff.

might be a little difficult. pressing the strings and all that sh it.

but well......

being a noob is hard.

Quote by gamayshark
If you can play Fade To Black, you're a level 23 Dungeon Master. If you're stuck on Blink 182, you're a -14 Wet Tortoise. Happy?

LOL.
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Well i'm taking grade 4 now so this thread was a waste of time
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

I think threadstarter was talking about ABRSM exams (associated board of the royal school of music) basically, with other instruments like the piano, you learn a few songs and scales etc and you play them infront of some examiners, they give u a pass, or not, and then you have your grade one. you then learn harder techniques, repeat the process, and get your grade 2. and so on, up to grade 8, but i think you can carry on for teaching qualifications. And you can do the same on guitar. And yes idiots, it IS based on what songs you learn. Because thats how they know whether or not to pass you!!
Not exactly sure what its like for rock school exams, but if they're anything like other music exams you genrally progress a grade a year, thats just genrally though, you might be an exception.
Hope that helps. = ]
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
the guitar grades are pointless - some parts are stupidly easy and some parts are stupidly big - for the 6 7 and 8 you need to know every mode in 2 or 3 shapes, about 50 types of chord in every key, sight read, and then do aural stuff.