I'm thinking about getting a guitar teacher. He charges $15 for a half an hour and the shop owner I buy strings and stuff from says he's one of the best he's ever had in his shop. Thats saying alot seeing how Buzzo (The shop owner, Geneseo NY, you should know him if you live anywhere near ) has had his shop open az VERY long time.

Just looking for opinions.
Well i pay £10 for an half hour, and its well worth it.

So id say thats a pretty good rate.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Well I think I'll call him and ask for a half an hour with him and decide if I want to keep learning from him.
Quote by velly69
I pay 20$ for private classes... which usually lasts between 1-3hours. And yes that was a THREE you saw, not a typo.

I wish my lessons could be that long XD

I play $54 a month, but he's an EXTREMELY good guitarist and is really good at teaching stuff (shouldn't all teachers be tho?).
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I pay $21 dollars for half an hour but everyone who goes to the shop pays that...
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I would be paying 70 bux a month for 4 30 min. sessions... but that seems a bit high for me so heh...
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
$30, but he came to my house and would stay anywhere from 1-2 hours.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I charge $15 for a half-hour lesson, but I'm not a clock-watcher. I *might* only go 25 minutes, but I'm more likely to go 40-ish.

In my experience, a half-hour-ish is plenty for a lesson. My teachers (who I paid upwards to $50/half-hour while I was getting my degree) could always give me enough to work on in that half hour to keep me busy for months. Any extra time on top of that is mostly just paid hand-holding while you practice.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
since we are in the topic of teacher..anybody live in singapore and know of any teacher??
^ Singapore is a really big place ^
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
haha..ok so its just a small island..most lesson here are group lesson and cost quite alot..
I pay ?54/month, with 30 minute lessons each week.
Learning, like always.
i pay 20/hour, but my teacher often goes offtopic and it's ****ing annoying. make sure your teacher is TEACHING YOU.
£20/hour. :S considering that i live off £3 a day it's a dent, but well worth it.
Marty
$25 AUD / 30 mins

usually goes for an hr depending tho

its steep but worth it, if your guy just shows u how to tune the guitar, or doesnt ask u what direction u want (e.g. lead guitarist, rhythm, malmsteen style, etc.etc. )
that means his limited and charging 25/30 mins is way too much for inexperienced loser guitar teaachers
I pay 8 to 10 Euros for an hour or longer (depends on how long we're duscussing at the end :P), I think that's really cheap because my teacher is quite good.
I pay $25 an hour and that was the cheapest I was able to find on Craigslist. My teacher is good and fun. I don't have anyone else to play guitar with. >_> I saw some guy charging $60 an hour for guitar lessons. That's like...a buck a minute.