i really wanna learn how to play fast solos and that and play fast metals songs but i just dont seem how they do it. So does anyone know how to play guitar fast?
Quote by Danno13
Pray at the altar of Prack Tise.

its right next to the temple of finger exercises and alternate picking

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/steve_vai/10-hour_guitar_workout_tab.htm

try out the exercises on that tab, play them A LOT and they will halp you build up your speed. in short, there is no easy way to play fast
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
try some of the practice lessons on UG...there are plenty to help with that kind of stuff.
Quote by willtheworld
Jesus pwns Satan.
werd

Quote by RadioHead22
how did he pack your pedal accidentally???...well, accidentally rape his sister...
Start playing a lot of exercises and scales. Begin at a very slow speed and gradually build up to speed you need, use a metronome to ensure you keep good timing.

Dont expect this to happen anytime soon, you will need to practise with dedication and have patience
Try a subscription to a guitar magazine, they often get shredders in to give guests lessons which might be helpful. In fact, they do nothing apart from get shredders in to give guests lessons...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.