All guitars and vocals done by me. Drums and bass are a backing track. Take a listen and let me know what you think. Leave a link and I'll crit any of your guys' stuff.

Link is in my sig.
nice cover, good recording quality, ill have to look into the toneport. Did you use backing tracks for the drums then? It sounded like you double tracked or just doubled the vocals, i think it would have sounded just as good or better without that, but it still does sound great. (for a green day cover (j/k))
thanks. yeah I'd definitely recommend you check out the Toneport, its an excellent little piece of equipment. and I did use a backing track for the drums and the bass. The vocals and the guitars were both doubled and then panned to the left and right. I do that to the vocals because it makes them sound fuller.
nice job

I just got the toneport and haven't had that much time to use it yet. How/where did you get the backing tracks for bass and drums? Also you said you used a vox so did you run a mic it or run a cable from it? How come you didnt use the gearbox software to get your amp and did you use the Live recording software to make it? Just curious on how you did it because I just got the Toneport which came with the Gearbox and Live modeling and recording software and I am still learning how to use it.
The backing track was made from a guitar pro file. And I didn't use a vox, vox if just short for vocals. I did use the Toneport and the Gearbox software for the vocals and the guitar. I didn't use the recording software that came with it though, its kinda limited so I use a different program.
do you have an links to where I can download guitar pro and cool edit pro? (preferbally for free)
also how did you import the bass and drums from guitar pro to your recording software? if you wouldn't mind could you please email the song ifle so I can see who it all work in the recording software adobe audition. I really struggling in figureing out how to use the software
also how did you import the bass and drums from guitar pro to your recording software? if you wouldn't mind could you please email the song ifle so I can see who it all work in the recording software adobe audition. my email is pjbarton@mtu.edu Im really struggling in figureing out how to use the software
Quote by guitarfreak414
All guitars and vocals done by me. Drums and bass are a backing track. Take a listen and let me know what you think. Leave a link and I'll crit any of your guys' stuff.

Link is in my sig.

GOD DAMN!!! YOU KEEP REMINDING ME OF UNBORN!! lol serious...I think ye sound familiar...

also good cover, started off dodgy, but its a simple song!
great job, great quality, no mistakes, you really know what your doin
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Sweet cover dude!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
i listened to the new green day one, and i first want to say that is pretty impressive that you did all of that yourself, but my only thing is that the tempo may be a little slower then the original but thats the only problem but it could just be me. Its not that noticable but my choir and band teacher say i have one hell of an ear for that stuff, so idk. Rock show is very very well done i might add.