I'm probably going to be playing for this thing at the end of the school year, and I'd like a good instrumental song to play. I've just been playing a year, so stuff Vai or Satriani is too hard for me (i could play some of Vai's stuff, but his insanely fast tapping is just too hard.). I was thinking about Canon Rock, but there's a lot of sweep picking in it, and I've never spent a lot of time working on sweep picking.

I was thinking maybe "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" by Jeff Beck, but I want to get some other ideas.

PS this is for a christian audience, so take that into consideration.

thanks!
santana and the shadows are old but instrumental bands, easy as well if youre desperate
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I like apache by the shadows, pretty easy to play. Don't know how un/suitable that would be.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Some of the blues instrumentals have a nice clappety clappety pace to them.
Call of Ktulu-Metallica........They dont have to know it is a Metallica song.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
If you can somehow commandeer a drummer, some songs by The Ventures would be cool.

Otherwise... hmm... well, any jazz song, really.

EDIT: Minor Swing by Django Reinhardt. Fun to play, relatively easy, and it sounds great solo.
Dancing in your dust, I'll see ya...
Last edited by NowTheWorld at Sep 17, 2006,
bron-yr-aur by led zep is pretty good.... kinda hard though
Save some face.... You know you've only got one....

Member of the PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN Club. Put that in your sig to join.
ignore everyone else in this thread

the best intrumental song ever written is "while we cry" by kenny wayne shepherd
its the most lyrical, passionate, just GAAAAAAAAAHH amazing in every way

plus it doesnt seem too terribly unmanagable assuming you have good control of your vibrato.

(the only catch is that im not sure it would sound as sublime w/out the backup band in the background. it would still be orgasmic, just probably not to the same degree.)
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Will you be on your own? If not I reccommend "Yasmin the Light" or any other song by Explosions in the Sky. As i say, you'll need a band for that though.
the second half layla by clapton is pretty good but youll need a keyboardist, and almost any santana song
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."
i dunno, classical gas maybe, thats pretty cool

metallica instrumentals are also very cool, Call of Ktulu or Orion
Santana - I just checked out Smoothe..he's got some great stuff, i'll check more on him later.

Apache - it's got a cool sound to it, but it's a little too easy. I'll probably learn it anyway though.

Classical Gas - Awesome, but..a little too "classical" for me (i know that probably sounds stupid.)

Call of Ktulu - Also awesome, but i think it's too dark for what i'm going to be playing at.

Bron-y-aur - Very nice

Blade Catcher - can't find a tab for it.

Thanks for all your suggestions, keep 'em coming!

EDIT: chances are i'll be on my own. I might have another guitarist, but I seriously doubt it.

PS That kenny wayne shepeard song is amazing, looks difficult but i have seven months to work on it. I think I'll do that one.

thanks to everyone for your help
Last edited by Spamwise at Sep 17, 2006,
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
ignore everyone else in this thread

the best intrumental song ever written is "while we cry" by kenny wayne shepherd
its the most lyrical, passionate, just GAAAAAAAAAHH amazing in every way

plus it doesnt seem too terribly unmanagable assuming you have good control of your vibrato.

(the only catch is that im not sure it would sound as sublime w/out the backup band in the background. it would still be orgasmic, just probably not to the same degree.)

are you forgetting lenny by stevie ray vaughan or how about his version of little wing. Im sorry but kenny wayne shepherd has nothing on stevie ray.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
white summer unbeleivable
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
Quote by radiantmoon
are you forgetting lenny by stevie ray vaughan or how about his version of little wing. Im sorry but kenny wayne shepherd has nothing on stevie ray.

Those are both great songs, but I actually like the KWS song better, even though I'm a huge SRV fan.
Quote by Spamwise
Those are both great songs, but I actually like the KWS song better, even though I'm a huge SRV fan.

damn straight
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
yea i was going to suggest little wing and lenny by SRV. if you are alone you could pick up a backing track from guitarbt.com

but i think with those songs you should use the tabs as a guide while you try to put your own stuff in.
Try the Top Gun theme by van halen
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Santana Samba Pa Ti

Stevie Ray Vaughan Scuttle Buttin'
~ i AM the one ~
That's an easy one!

Funkadelic-Maggot Brain,
you'll need an acoustic second guitar...but that's nothing.
...And The Nominees Are
Quote by MT's #1 Fan
No Leaf Clover by Metallica would probably be the greatest rock instrumental of all time

No Leaf Clover isn't exactly instrumental, funny guy.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
hmm how about Frankenstein, you got alotta work to do, and i think this is spam but, i dont think it matters if its a Christian audience, because even though they belong to a church, there really not holy people, im just saying a good majority, just that most of them sin like crazy which isnt very Christian like. Oh i am Christian, just not a good one. But yeh if Frankenstein doesnt work, Allman Brothers Band, Santana have some good stuff. But try Europa or Samba Pa Ti
Quote by khalil1220
hmm how about Frankenstein, you got alotta work to do, and i think this is spam but, i dont think it matters if its a Christian audience, because even though they belong to a church, there really not holy people, im just saying a good majority, just that most of them sin like crazy which isnt very Christian like. Oh i am Christian, just not a good one. But yeh if Frankenstein doesnt work, Allman Brothers Band, Santana have some good stuff. But try Europa or Samba Pa Ti

Well, I meant they're very conservative christians.

Anyway, I'm going with the KNW song. thanks anyway.
satriani - always with me always with you
- surfing with the alien
the beginning of - circles

malmsteen - far beyond the sun