As im doing a degree in Music tech, I thought I should treat myself with a brand new spanking Guitar & Amp.
I will be using this guitar alot in a studio so obviously I want it to sound its best. I will be playing Metal/Rock so wanting to sound like bands such as Bullet for my Valentine, FFAF, Story of the Year, Thrice and Trivium. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of the models and if you wanted to recommend anything else. I don't really want a Fender/Gibson/ESP. What I have in mind for a guitar is one of these:

Ibanez RG5050EX
Ibanez RG2570E
(or another similar RG model)
Jackson Kelly
Jackson Dinky
Jackson Soloist
Jackson Rhoads

I'm willing to spend about £1000 on the Guitar, and about £600 on the AMP: I'm not too knowledgable on AMPs so I would like to be poked in the right direction. Of course I was told "You can't go wrong with a Marshall" which is what I have. For a more Metal like tone, I have been told Peavey is good, but what about anything else?
Would appriciate some ideas guys! Much love to anyone who replys !
You definitely need to readdress your budget. Amp is way more important than guitar in terms of tone. Look at spending £800 on each, and you'll have a great setup.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^What? Naw..not unless he has to.

Ibanez and Peavey.

Find a RG550 or 570 used, switch the pickups, and you'll have an awesome guitar for MUCH less than a RG5050 or 2570.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Ok but what about a Peavey Tripple XXX for an amp? They look like the best from reviews and so on, but would anybody else like to recommend anything? thanks for your views guys
Jackson Rhoads if you can and still get a nice amp too
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
line 6=pure badness.

go with an ibanez s470, and get a decent amp, like a used peavey 5150/6505 or a used mesa boogie. you'll start having tonal orgasms.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
line 6=pure badness.

go with an ibanez s470, and get a decent amp, like a used peavey 5150/6505 or a used mesa boogie. you'll start having tonal orgasms.

line six hd147 is anything but pure badness... that thing is teh PWN... and he's got enough to spend to go over an ibanez 470 so this is kind of a bad advise imho. No offense.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
i have experience. i know what i'm talking about. i've tried it. it's okay, but not anything stellar. he can afford tube, so go with tube. and just because he can afford more than an s470 doesn't mean he shouldn't get it. with new pickups, it's almost a perfect guitar.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!