respected guitarists on this forum,
ive recently encountered a new problem with my guitar.
whenever i play fast on the higher e string(the thin 1)...the lower e string(thick 1) goes into vibration without me even touching it creating a buzz
how do i sort out the problem
i have an ibanez grg170dx(ok guitar)marshall mg 15cd(disgrace of an amp) through a digitech rp80 effects pedal(useless piece of trash)

has it something to do with the pickup,the,guitar,amp,pedal...that i can sort out?
all the help will be deeply appreciated
thanking all in anticipation
it's just because the two strings are the same note, i think. it might also be too much distortion, but i'm not sure
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
ok how would them being the same note cause one to vibrate without touching it? Id say its just a crappy guitar
sound is vibrations...so the sound actually vibrates the other strings. You just gotta learn how to play and mute strings your not playing
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
sound is vibrations...so the sound actually vibrates the other strings. You just gotta learn how to play and mute strings your not playing

exactly and to the threadstarter emgs will make it even worse if you dont know how to mute the strings becasue they are high output pick ups. and dont put good pickups in a ****e guitar.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
ok how would them being the same note cause one to vibrate without touching it? Id say its just a crappy guitar

Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Erm... any guitar that cost more than $260. For more detailed help, post genre preferences, playing experience/style and price range

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
maybe something like an Ibanez rg321 ($279)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
i play mostly metal and blues...evh, randy rhoads, type of solos..been playing for a year and half now.
use to play a lot of slash,santana,mark tremonti..but rarely do so now..basically play anything that sounds nice...(i dont like the way kerry king,mab,yngwie malmsteem play)
if i want to upgrade....somrthing around 300$ then??
upgrade ur amp first. and practice muting the strings ur not playing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
im a med student..busy studying most of the times .and hardly practice guitar...but love my guitar to the core of my heart..so 1 and 1/2 years of mine is like 6 months of you people..
i can mute strings....but it gets irritating at times....to concentrate on muting rather than playing well
and i am dearly greatful to all the people who took their time off to help me out..
really appreciate it...may u all get what u desire in life
u people are really helpful...just on the basis of this site ive progressed from a n00b to a semi n00b and pretty much will be out of n00bness soon

a big thank you to all....
You just have to practise until you no longer have to think concentrate on muting really.

An upgrade from $260 to $300 really won't make a huge difference. I mean that's what 15-20 quid? Nah, that's like the cost of a couple of pots. We're talking a much bigger price jump for a noticeable difference in terms of performance.

Ah, India. Sorry, didn't look at your location thing. Well in that case, sure, go ahead with $300!

blackjack84, the "buzz" could be coming from the low E tuner - check that it's not loose.
Quote by blackjack84
no its fine.....the guitar is a piece of monkeys crap

Ah... the most common of all guitar problems.