don't you think pete should stop using the fenders for a while and get his sg and les paul back out of retirement?
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I think Pete Townshend should have died before he got old.
My Band------> www.myspace.com/earlybirdspecial
Gear: modded Epi Les Paul>Boss TU-2>Dano Compressor>Boss DS-1>EHX Small Stone>Boss PH-3 Phaser>Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger>Boss DD-3>Boss DD-20 Delay>1989 JCM 800 2205>1973 Chequerboard Marshall 4x12
yes i really do wish he would throw the fender the **** away and get the gibsons out, especially seen as he has Three signature gibsons.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I agree( I love to play fenders though) But Pete has been doin a lot of adverts for them so he must be making cash.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
for amps, not guitars. he endorces the fender vibroking line of amps, but he actually plays Eric Clapton Signature strats. If you ask me, he should put the Boss OD pedal into retirement and bring back the ****ing godly Univox Superfuzz
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
i think the strats are a lot more comfortable to play, but it would be sweet to see pete pull out his old sg or les paul for a song or two
***MEMBER OF THE WHO FAN CLUB***

*Founder of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

**Member #2 of the Windmillers Club**

**Alter Boy of Zeppelinism**

*9/08 THE WHO*
Last time I saw Pete he was playing a Dove or Hummingbird or something. I haven't seen him with a strat in quite a while.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by BluesHombre

Townshend got burned.

But yea, I agree. Without his Gibsons, Townshend isn't the same. Maybe he decided they were to heavy for him to play for a whole concert.
Quote by BluesHombre

He's deaf instead....

or almost
Sent from my iPad.
yes I own a strat HSS actually. but i love the sound of his old lp and i think he should start usin it again. Oh yeah, bring back the Univox Superfuzz too!
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
^ I have a fat strat too and love it, it can pull off the full, rich sounding Less Paul stuff, and then with the switch, you got SRV...
For some reason he just doesent look the same with a strat. or maybe because he has lost all his hair! hahaha, just joking hes an awsome guitarist
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
I think he should play whatever guitar he wants, he rocks either way, though I'm used to the image of him with a Gibson.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I saw him a couple of days ago live and the Strat sounded fine. It's really up to him, I guess over the years just like Mr. Clapton he's moved on past Gibsons and enjoys Fender Strats now. Not to mention the Clapton sig strats sound better than LP's IMO
Quote by Hardin
I saw him a couple of days ago live and the Strat sounded fine. It's really up to him, I guess over the years just like Mr. Clapton he's moved on past Gibsons and enjoys Fender Strats now. Not to mention the Clapton sig strats sound better than LP's IMO

Maybe LPs are too immature of guitars?
Sent from my iPad.
He should at least get a Fender in a color more badass than candy apple red. Some kid today was telling me that Pete has 120 guitars on hand at every gig. I don't believe him, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
He only plays four guitars (a red strat, and a weird gold stratish thing) and two gibson acoustics. . . At least thats what he played at my concert. He also pays through two fender "stacks" and a hiwatt head through a mesa boogie cab. . .

I was really dissapointed only seeing those lame played out strats, I was hoping to see a deluxe, but alas those are long retired. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by paintITblack39
Maybe LPs are too immature of guitars?

Yup, you got it.
His number 5 gibson LP is actually on display at the rock & roll hall of fame
he hasnt played a gibson in almost 30 years for an electric. He played gibsons through a univox superfuzz into hiwatt amps, and 2 years later hes using schecter teles through a dynacomp into mesa boogies. go figure.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Quote by BluesHombre

Man Ozzy shouldn't have made it out the '80's.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
He should use his Gibson's instead of those Fender's.

It's not that i don't like Fender guitar's, but it's look way much better if he uses his Gibson's.
My guitar gear:
Epiphone G-400
Kasuga Les Paul Custom (Broken nut)
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 head
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 cab

My bass gear:
Gibson SG EB-3 1963
Dynacord Eminent II
Marshall 4x10 cab

Rest is in profile
sg's pwn
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.