hmmm. I've been wondering whether or not I can sing for quite awhile now, so, I figured I'd post something on here, as no one will be biased on here.

So, straight answer: Can I sing at all? This is just a clip of something I wrote, and its somewhat bad quality, but I think it's allright enough to post on here.

Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings hah, I just want a straight answer.

http://media.putfile.com/Overindulgence

And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Ehh it's ok. Your voice has potential. It just sounds like your not trying to me. But that is just my opinion.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
^well, thanks for the feedback.

And I wasn't really trying too hard. Obviously, if I'm just looking to see if I can sing at all, I'm not gonna go crazy and belt out every line as if I have the best voice in the world.

Quote by Retribution
Learn to sing and you'll be good. haha.

You just aren't trying or using correct technique usually...

What exactly is correct technique?

link?
Quote by fenderfreak101
I'm not gonna go crazy and belt out every line as if I have the best voice in the world.

For people with able voices like your own, the best tip is in fact to do exactly as you won't. Sing with confidence, and volume whilst keeping control of what's coming out of your mouth.

I've had problems with recording vocals before when the singer will sit his mouth right next to the microphone and sing quietly, instead of the better-sounding, loud, powerful singing at 6 inches or so away.
ahhhh!
I really like it. But I honestly think it's the fact that the lyrics go well over the acoustic guitar. And you're singing nonchalantly.

email me with a site if you have anymore material, parare.veritas@gmail.com