I'm thinking about buying a new guitar and i was wondering which would be nicer, a Gibson SG Faded or a higher end epiphone les paul, maybe a custom. they both go for about the same amount so i wanted to know which was better.
thanks

They both sound pretty much the same, so it's real a matter of asthetics. The Les Paul Custom is one of the nicest looking guitars out there. If you can afford it, go with a Black Beauty.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I'd deffinately go for the Les Paul. With Gibson, even though they are good guitars, you're still paying for the name. I have a high-end Epiphone Les Paul (Standard Plus) and I'm quite happy with it.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Faded are supposed to be kinda ****ty. I picked one up off thge wall at the local GC but didn't even bother to plug it in, felt cheap.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Epiphone Elitists are fine.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if your going to buy a gibson, get a good one, not the cheap ones. if your lookin for SG then you want to get standard or 61 reissue.

go for the LP. High end Epi>Low end gibby imo
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Agile Les Paul 3000.

That's what you should get. Who cares about the brand, they own.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language