every time i try to play some fast licks my hand starts to feel tired and i cant play fast anymore. this never used to happen but its happening more often now. do you think maybe im just pressing to hard, or is this something my hand will get used to? its kinda frustrating because i cant play fast for very long, and i cant even play that fast. it happens even when i do scales.
Which hand?

Sounds like a case of just having too much tension in your arms - so when you go beyond a certain point, your muscles contract because they can't deal with it.

When you speed up, your muscles naturally contract and tense up to deal with the pressure - which is probably causing your problem.

It's hard to give any advice without knowing which hand it is, though.
It might help to warm up a bit before you play. Do some stretches, hand exercises, etc.

Then, just make sure your arm isn't getting tense when you play.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Which hand?

Sounds like a case of just having too much tension in your arms - so when you go beyond a certain point, your muscles contract because they can't deal with it.

When you speed up, your muscles naturally contract and tense up to deal with the pressure - which is probably causing your problem.

It's hard to give any advice without knowing which hand it is, though.

its my fretting hand. to the other posters: is there maybe a link to different warm ups i can do? i dont really know. i think i just press down to hard and i need to focus on that.