Yeah. I just mentioned this in the thread about the next year in music.

With any luck it'll really cook.

They are touring too.

The Stooges are my favorite band, and I think good things are gonna happen for them what with their new album and movie on the way.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Sep 17, 2006,
Who plays bass for the Stooges now? I know that Mike Watt toured with them recently. That would be pretty great to see Iggy and Watt together live.
I'm not sure. They were talking about getting Jack White for the album, but I don't know if that ever happened.
its gonna be mike watt playing the bass. hopefully they stick to the older sound because it would be sad if they tried to sound like "garage rock" of today.

Im still kind of sad about how the new radio birdman came out. the vocals got really weak on it. theres a lot more keyboard and the guitar isnt as good.
Last edited by LoudnSnotty138 at Sep 17, 2006,
Meh.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
We can only hope Mike Watt records with them... That'd be awesome.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
if it's as good as the NYD's new one, I'm gonna be pretty happy
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
Dont jinx it or else it will suck.

EDIT:iggys done some pretty horrible things latley... http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHi8EVgNiMU

Alot of people give Iggy crap about recording with Sum 41, but that song sounds just like something Iggy would do. Listen to American Ceasar, and Brick by Brick. Both great albums, and each one has at least one song that sounds similar to this. I'm guessing Steve Jones and anybody else that's been playing backup for him just couldn't get the sound he wanted so he went with someone who could and it doesn't hurt to attract some younger kids. It is the music BUSINESS after all.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
Im still kind of sad about how the new radio birdman came out. the vocals got really weak on it. theres a lot more keyboard and the guitar isnt as good.

I gave it a listen this weekend and was not happy with it.

I file it under "more proof that punk is dead".
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Little Know It All is a great song by Iggy.

He played 2 songs woth Green Day on Skull Ring that were pretty good too.
Quote by MattTheArsonist
It probably won't be too good, no reunions ever are.

Have faith!
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by MattTheArsonist
It probably won't be too good, no reunions ever are.

You are SOOOOOOOO right.
Most reunion shows make me feel sorry for the band members.

The Dolls put on a helluva show, but I still wanted to see the late Killer Kane and Thunders (and, not to be too catty, but...... I think Sylvain could lose about 100 pounds and maybe get some wrinkle cream for Mr. Johansen)

TSOL were the only re-united punk band that I ever saw that were still pretty good.
Mind you, this was mostly due to them dropping alot of the goth/new wave/new romantic songs they did on "Beneath The Shadows" and "Weathered Statues".
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Off subject: I actually liked Weathered Statues. I could've lived without Beneath the Shadows though.

Back On Subject: X is pretty good live still, I don't know how well they'd pull off a new album though. I'll admit though, "I Against I" was a pretty kickass reunion album, probably the best ever. Most everything else remotely "reunion" has kind of sucked though. The Misfits, live and recorded, are no longer the Misfits, but the Jerry Only band, and very bad at that. And the Germs, just aren't the same Germs without Darby. *Sigh* I suppose I'll try to optimistic though and merely say, "Punk is not dead, it's waiting..."
"Man or Machine" is an okay song, but that's as much as I'm willing to give "Weathered Statues".

X sounds great when they do the old songs, but a new album is prolly gonna be poop.
The last decent X album was "More Fun In The Real World" from 20 years ago, IMHO.

And to quote Billy Idol from about 1983 or so "Punk isn't dead, it just smells funny".
Quote by sargasm

what is a good stooges album to buy? for a first one...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
All three.

Quote by johnnynemo

I file it under "more proof that punk is dead".

How big is said folder?
Get all 3 and Metallic K.O.

That's one hell of a live album. Iggy gets pelted with shit 'cause he's baiting the audience the whole time.

Plus an awesome cover of Louie Louie. The three greatest chords in rock.

EDIT: and the cover makes one hell of a T-shirt
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Sep 19, 2006,
the songs iggy did with the stooges on skull ring are pretty bad, the ones with green day and sum 41 are better actually

and the reunited stiff little fingers are good live, i havent heard much new from them aside from two songs off their last album, which are ok but kinda poppy