I usually play with a pick. But Im thinking of switching to playing without a pick. Whats the best way to hit the strings to be able to play fast? With the corner of your thumb? bassist style? what?

Thanks.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
I cant find any videos of someone playing without a pick close up. Does someone post up a vid?

Thanks.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
look for paco de lucia videos. hes really fast and he uses his fingers. he uses all of his fingers though.

the way i used to play faster parts was to just move my thumb up and down.
Ok well my reason why I want to start not using a pick is because My hands get really slippery and if im on stage im not going to be able to hold the pick because of the heat and nervousness and such. any suggestions?
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by The Iron Man
Ok well my reason why I want to start not using a pick is because My hands get really slippery and if im on stage im not going to be able to hold the pick because of the heat and nervousness and such. any suggestions?

get picks that have the grip on it. people call them brain picks but i dont really know what they are called. just ask someone at your music store for picks that have grip.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
get picks that have the grip on it. people call them brain picks but i dont really know what they are called. just ask someone at your music store for picks that have grip.

I have brain picks. They still slip. I heard about these picks that have a latch on them and it clips around your finger. What are they called?

I just tried duct tape. It does a pretty good job.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Last edited by The Iron Man at Sep 17, 2006,
some people i know make a hole punched out inside of them. that helps alot
Quote by vikramkr
I am trying to shred using power chords