Need some help looking for a guitar for $700-900

What do people recomend?

Im leaning towards a
Martin D-15 Custom Spruce and Mahogany for 800
Taylor 210 Dreadnought
Taylor 310 Dreadnought

Ive played my bros Martin and its awesome but i kinda want something different what do you guys think?
I'd look at Alvarez too. They make awesome guitars in that price range, their MD80 is solid englemann spruce top with solid mahogany tops and sides for around $6-650 or so, and the MD90 is solid spruce and solid rosewood backs and sides for around $700-750. I have the MD90, its a great sounding guitar, built well, and would definietly stand up to those models you just mentioned.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I am more partial to Martins myself. I have the dc16rgte and it is fantastic. But, that being said I probably wouldn't go for the Taylor 210, but Taylor 310 vs a Martin D-15 is a tough call. Taylors seem to be a bit brighter in tone while the Martin gives you a fairly even sound. Just depends on the sound you are looking for.
Quote by JRED
Ive played my bros Martin and its awesome but i kinda want something different what do you guys think?

Take a look at Breedlove. Their Atlas series guitars can generally be had for under $1000. Very high quality. Google some reviews of, say, the AD25 SR Plus, their cutaway dreadnaught electric-acoustic. It's almost universally loved, while the Taylors and Martins always have a couple guys complaining about the quality/price ratio. Especially at their lower end, I think you're paying more for the name than anything else. Breedlove is an up & comer, and a great value right now before they really catch on. If you stay away from the "plus" models, which is mostly cosmetic work anyway, you should be able to find something you like well in your price range.

Or talk the guy at the store down a little, that's what I did! I love the thing!

If you really want something different, you'll have it with one of these babies, and your Taylor/Martin friends will be impressed.
Quote by slatsmania
Take a look at Breedlove. Their Atlas series guitars can generally be had for under $1000. Very high quality. Google some reviews of, say, the AD25 SR Plus, their cutaway dreadnaught electric-acoustic. It's almost universally loved, while the Taylors and Martins always have a couple guys complaining about the quality/price ratio. Especially at their lower end, I think you're paying more for the name than anything else. Breedlove is an up & comer, and a great value right now before they really catch on. If you stay away from the "plus" models, which is mostly cosmetic work anyway, you should be able to find something you like well in your price range.

i was going to reccomend basically the exact same guitars. the ad25sr+ is definitely one of my favorite guitars for under $1000. it's price tag is $999 though so it may be a little out of your range still. i don't know if you are interested in an acoustic-electric or if you were wanting just an acoustic, but i'd give breedlove a look regardless. i'm not certain about the prices of various models, but also look into Larrivee. Breedlove and Larrivee are both companies with guitars that are every bit as good as Martin and Taylor in the high, middle, and low end price ranges. Alvarez and Takamine are two other brands that make great guitars in your price range. Breedlove is still my personal favorite for the 750-1000 range though.
I Just got a Takamine and I love it. Model number EG 523sc check it out.
GUITARS

Yamaha F-315A
Ibanez AX 125
hey man,

an epiphone might be the way to go, their still really good quality instruments and not very expensive depending what you buy.
Back up to Jim, I played a used Larrivee a week or so ago and fell in love. It was a concert sized guitar from their L series, and it was selling used for 900 bucks. If you can find a Larrivee to play, make sure you do. My next guitar will probably be from them...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
It's actually below your price range but Seagull (Godin Instruments) make some high quality instruments. When I went "guitar shopping" I tried out pretty much every model in the stores, even the ones I knew I wouldn't buy. In the $500-1000 models the tone I preferred best belonged to the Artist Mahagony Folk. I think it was around $600? Then again .. I guess it really varies for everyone what guitar is "right" for them. The Taylors and Martins were nice but they just weren't what I wanted.

(My guitar is a much cheaper and well worn Seagull S6+ Cedar which I love).
Quote by roamingbard13
Back up to Jim, I played a used Larrivee a week or so ago and fell in love. It was a concert sized guitar from their L series, and it was selling used for 900 bucks. If you can find a Larrivee to play, make sure you do. My next guitar will probably be from them...

matter of fact, the first larrivee i ever played was from their L series and i've jumped at the chance to play any larrivee ever since. i've probably come across 4 or 5 now in shops and every one of them was a GREAT instrument.
Martin, Garrison

I have a garrison and i love it, it was 900 though, and its acoustic/electric.

And thank you for having a price limit over fricken 300.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!