Page 1 of 2
This may be possibly manufactured in large amount in near/distant future, or not at all. *This isnt a substitute to The Floyd Rose series or licensed type of trem*. Its an new idea (probably old) and was made true by a manufacturer in Sweden.

This tremolo system features:
- individual string action adjustment
- intonation saddles arent under the strings so there's no risk in breaking the string
- if a string breaks, the others arent affected
- individual tremolo, yes, each of the little arms can dive
- when bending strings, others wont go flat
- could individually tune the string at will without others going flat, but need to adjust at the back

An artist that's currently trying this prototype tremolo system is Mattias Ia Eklundh. Guitar shown below is a modified RG Prestige, to whom it may concern. Its made pretty neat using solid steel material and doesnt use knife edges.

Sound clips:
Clip_01
Clip_02

Clip 1 is a demo on what actually it can do. Clip 2 shows that the low E string is detuned all the way, while all the other strings arent affected at all.

Updates will be notified by me if there're any current progress and i cant answer questions, YET coz i too havent gotten enough resource of this system. Feedbacks and opinions are welcome.

Special thanks to Ibanez-Mag@jemsite for bringing this up
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
was thinking about something like this a while ago, i thought it'd be an interesting idea, as unpractical as it is, to have divable strings.
Marty
Those things sticking out seem like a bitch to me..You could end up hitting it and putting it out of tune! Nice looking, but that wont means its great!
I think its a good idea. I wouldnt really like to play it though, (maybe just to demo it). It seems like a big pain in the neck to use
nice.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very cool, that's pretty interesting. He should add an actual whammy bar system so you could use it like a conventional tremolo, or independent with the fingers if you wanted. How far does it go into the body?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I can't remember when was the last time that madpickin made a thread..

c0ool one though.

locking nuts?
Quote by Erock503
very cool, that's pretty interesting. He should add an actual whammy bar system so you could use it like a conventional tremolo, or independent with the fingers if you wanted. How far does it go into the body?

That remains to be seen, im still waiting for the back cavity photos. I dont think it requires as much space as normal floyd does.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
sweet Mattias is prototyping them that means that these could go on all his future Caparison Signature series models booo i prefer me Schaller trem but looks cool none the less, will i buy it? most likely not
Quote by Invictious
I can't remember when was the last time that madpickin made a thread..

c0ool one though.

locking nuts?

Im not sure bout the locking nuts, i dont think it requires them, this is a modded RGA121 with already included Gotoh SG locking tuners.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Looks cool, but I question the practicality of it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I think it's a great design (if it really stays in tune)
the things that stick out shouldn't be in the way because if you play it it probably feels just like a strat (the bridge and to be more precise the black parts/saddles)
Wouldn't it be awkward to dive bomb all the strings?
But cool.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I can see it appealing to country guitarists.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Erock503

seconded
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's a good idea, but it would be a bitch to dive on all strings if you wanted to do that. They need to have a seperate trem bar that will dive all of them down and raise them all up as well as having the individual trems. Seems like it would be difficult to dive/raise on the right trem while your playing a solo too...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^Well, you don't have to trem at the same time as picking, but I see your point.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I can see this working out for a country player who wants to do pedal steel style oblique bends and the like, but as for people looking to do steve vai style whammy abuse it just will not work without a conventional bar, now with the addition of a normal bar it may well be the perfect alternative to say, a b-bender
looks like a good idea. personally i do alot of palm muting and ive never found wah bars convinent so having that right there near my wrist would be sweet
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!
I really like the idea, but I agree that it should have a normal trem arm for dimebombs. Any idea when this will be realised to the public?
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
i'd imagine it would go down well with people that like to do behind the nut bends... lol
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeah while it seems like a cool idea i can imagine it being very difficult to implement well, and you certainly wouldnt be able to do a lot of traditional whammy stuff with it, but it could give birth to a new style of playing (i think it would almost have to in order to have any level of success)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Again, this aint a substitute to a Floyd Rose system, dive bombs may be achieved but may not be as good as a Floyd Rose system, or could be better. There's no telling how good this trem can be coz its still a prototype, expect to see some new style of playing and clips/videos from Matias pretty soon. And i agree with Kid Thorazine, ppl tend to adjust their way, and maybe who knows, there could be a lot more neat tricks that this trem can do that others cant, thus giving birth to a new diving term.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I dont really see any demand for them, and from the pictures there looks like a lot of 'odd' things going on with that trem.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
I dont really see any demand for them, and from the pictures there looks like a lot of 'odd' things going on with that trem.

Chris

May not be just the demand of better tremolo system with optimum stability and easiness, this company may just want to make a new trem system and hopes to find a good market on it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Maybe, but it's not exactly practical. Supply and demand, man. Supply doesnt create demand, demand creates supply. I don't see anyone spending probaly +$200 (i'm guessing) for one of these just so they can use the trem of different notes. It's a cool idea, none the less.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
Maybe, but it's not exactly practical. Supply and demand, man. Supply doesnt create demand, demand creates supply. I don't see anyone spending probaly +$200 (i'm guessing) for one of these just so they can use the trem of different notes. It's a cool idea, none the less.

Chris

Yeah, i know supply and demand rule. Thats why they're trying to get a video up there pretty soon, hopefully could open up the market. Even better, they could book a booth at the upcoming NAMM and lets hope the demos will be worth it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I don't see the value of it.

If you want to bend just one string, why not bend just bend that one string at the fretboard? But a whammy bar is good for bending on several strings.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by StaggHound
I don't see the value of it.

If you want to bend just one string, why not bend just bend that one string at the fretboard? But a whammy bar is good for bending on several strings.

hypothetically this would be good for bending down, ie you could bend down a root note of a chord, though you could just slide across.

maybe in primitive power chord applications you could essentially use the trem to bring the low E note down to a D and hit a powerchord using the 3 open strings. though that's a pretty primitive application.
Marty
Hypothetically, but it's then a matter of whether it works well for bending down well

Picking while holding the trem point could be difficult.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Page 1 of 2