Poll: Cool or lame
Poll Options
View poll results: Cool or lame
Cool!
4 17%
Lame, change it with... (your idea)
20 83%
Voters: 24.
I have already aborted my previous mod idea (too complicated for my lame talents) and I want now simply white finish with gold stripes on, similar to old Eddie Van Halen guitar but with single background colour. My fast question for you guys - does it look cool, or maybe lame? Maybe I should add another background colour (like red, blue (silver?) to make it more "interesting" and less "I-had-just-one-can-of-paint-to-do-this"? Or maybe leave it just with white colour without any stripes (like Vai's white JEM - my guitar is Ibanez RG)?

Visualisation:

(visualisation made via http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/SoloistCustomShop.htm)
Last edited by incockgnito at Sep 18, 2006,
I think the gold is too light to notice the detail.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Personally, I'd leave the gold stripes off of the body, and keep the rest the way it is. I absolutely love the soft gold nut, tuners, and bridge against the white.
It looks OK, its your guitar so whatever you like.

Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
if the stripes are done like the evh yellow and black it could look good.
~ i AM the one ~
Men, I had this guitar black! You should have told me before I started sanding :-) But - you really think white/gold wuoldn't work together? I think I should stay with pure white finish... Thanks for help!
Last edited by incockgnito at Sep 18, 2006,
Well, it doesn't look that good with only white and gold..
looks bad if you ask me. either make it with black and yellow or make up another idea.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix