Okay, my friend needs a new amp. He loves Iron Maiden, and also stuff like GnR and classic rock/metal.

He has pretty much an unlimited budget since his best friend is the grandson of the owner of the biggest music shop in town, and he gets big discounts. He has a japanese strat, and some other guitars.

What should he get? He's been looking at a peavey xxl 100w head, and some behringer cabinet, but i don't think he'd be so happy with that in the long run, so i suggested a ENGL screamer 50 combo as an alternative, and he said he'd check it out.

But you guys got any other suggestions?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
You want to be in the Guitar Gear and Accesories forum with this. And why do so many people come on here asking for things their mates need? Make your mate do the work himself!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well the Pevaey XXL is a bad idea. I think a Marshall JCM800 or JCM900 is a great idea!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Unlimited budget and he's looking at a XXL??? Sounds like he needs to do some research.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Gabel, i can get a JCM800 head used off of the internet (norwegian site) for 7000 (1,150 bucks) kroners. Sounds like a good deal? Its a 83 model. It says nothing about the condition of the tubes though.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by refgerto
He has pretty much an unlimited budget since his best friend is the grandson of the owner of the biggest music shop in town, and he gets big discounts. He has a japanese strat, and some other guitars.

Is it truly unlimited? If not how much is he looking to spend & how much of a discount off RRP does he get?