Im a bit of a noob, and live far away from a guitar shop and I was wondering if someone can explain or show me a link were I can learn how to adjust the action(getting a little fret buzz) of my SG.

Thanks
What you have to do is take off the cover at the top of the neck, just above the nut. It's a small plate with 3 screws in it. Now, hope you have the proper tool for this. (I'm actually not sure what the name for the tool is) its those small hexagon tools. Behind that plate is a hole that goes down into the neck. This is where your truss rod is. The truss rod is the counterbalance to the tension of your strings. Looking down the neck at the body of the guitar, turning it clockwise forces the neck back and brings the strings closer to the fretboard whereas counterclockwise lets off tension and lets the strings away from the neck In order to get rid of the buzz, loosen it a little. You'll want to let it out enough that the buzz doesn't bother you or completely goes away while still being able to easily play on the 12th fret.
Quote by deahhizooke
What you have to do is take off the cover at the top of the neck, just above the nut. It's a small plate with 3 screws in it. Now, hope you have the proper tool for this. (I'm actually not sure what the name for the tool is) its those small hexagon tools. Behind that plate is a hole that goes down into the neck. This is where your truss rod is. The truss rod is the counterbalance to the tension of your strings. Looking down the neck at the body of the guitar, turning it clockwise forces the neck back and brings the strings closer to the fretboard whereas counterclockwise lets off tension and lets the strings away from the neck In order to get rid of the buzz, loosen it a little. You'll want to let it out enough that the buzz doesn't bother you or completely goes away while still being able to easily play on the 12th fret.

Thats adjusting the rod, not the action....it'll mess with the bend of your neck and if not proper, more buzz will occur.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Don't ever tell a noob to adjsut his own truss rod. That's like giving a first day flight trainee an F-16 and sending him of fon his own.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor

just in case u need more specific info. u loosen the top screw. that will loosen the thumbscrew under it (pointed to by red arrow) lowerthe bridge then tighten it up.

and like said, no no truss rod no.
if u ever want to learn about that type of adjustment then repost and we can all go over it.

phil's pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011