So I'm thinking about replacing my stock Alnico pups in my SG Standard with Seymour Duncans. A '59 in the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge. I typically go for a classic rock tone, a la AC/DC but I'll crank the gain to more of a modern rock tone pretty often. Mild OD for blues and nice cleans for jazz are also necessary. The pups need to be passive humbuckers.

Anyone have any alternative suggestions for me to look at?
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I've Said it before and i'll say it again, check out Bareknuckle pickups and go on the soundclips. They're awesome!!!
Quote by Slayer2655
I've Said it before and i'll say it again, check out Bareknuckle pickups and go on the soundclips. They're awesome!!!

Hey, I checked out the site and I'm definately interested. "The Mule" humbuckers seem pretty attractive to me. To you have any specific suggestions as far as which pickups you prefer and why? The sound clips only tell you so much because it isn't the same gear that I use.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Yea, BK pickups are immense.

But if you don't have that much of a budget to speak of, look at Swinshead pickups, amazing, and cheap.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^bump. Good suggestion on the Swineshead. I didn't realize the cost of the BK's...can't afford them.

I love how the dozens of threads every day about "which amp? Spider 2 or MG" or "Roland Cube or Vox VT" or "What [blank] should I buy" get a bunch of responses every day but when it comes to gear other than the standards the fanboys here like to talk about, no one seems to know anything. I sincerely hope more than 3 people on this forum know what their talking about outside of Valvetronix's, Cubes, and Tube combos.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail