I just heard 2 songs by Bathory: A Fine Day to Die, and Blood Fire Death. And I'm amazed, I just absolutely love it for some reason. Can I get some good song recommendations? Part of the reason that I like it so much is the old sounding recording, like it was recorded "back in the day." I looked it up online, and the Blood Fire Death album came out in 1988, so I'd prefer to have some songs around that time period, that has that vintage Death Metal sound.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
call from the grave is pretty good, so's equimanthorn, but my favoutire is Bapitsed In Fire And Ice, i love all 3, bathory are amazing RIP Quothorn
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

if you want the whole bathory pack
buy the best of packet
it's in memory of quorton...also with a dvd...3 cds and a big color booklet
it's definitely worth buying it!
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
the only Bathory song ive heard is Dies Irae, and it sounded really good.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by X_Deathrow_X
the Blood Fire Death album came out in 1988, so I'd prefer to have some songs around that time period, that has that vintage Death Metal sound.

Isn't Bathory black metal?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Awesome man, RIP.

Hammerheart and Blood Fire Death are my favourites, though I gotta say Emperor's cover of A Fine Day To Die is better than the original.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Get the first 4 albums for the Black Metal stuff. The best time period for Bathory IMO, but I love all of Bathory's output. R.I.P. Quorthon.
The temples and holy lands will burn like wildfires and the earth will tremble as our master awakens once more...
I love early Bathory. Even if it was inspired by Oi-Punk Oh, and early Bathory isnt Death Metal. The first cd was thrash, while in The Return... and Under The Sign is where it was black metal.
Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
I loves me some Blood Fire Death. What is the next one I should get?

::seconds the notion that Emperor's cover was better::
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
ive got BFD and Hammerheart, both own.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Maybe Twilight of The Gods if you're after more of those awesome acoustic parts but perhaps go the earlier stuff if you like the screaming and the darkness...dunno, it's hard to match the Blood Fire Death album because it was pretty much a mix of their early works and what was later to come. And he really changed the sound after that (it's all good though, Bathory never made a dud album IMO; from what I've heard of them anyway). Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but Blood Fire Death was the last album with screaming (well, partial screaming) right?
Bathory is Amazing

Blood on Ice is a great album, but it never really seems to get any talk around here. One Rode To Asa Bay is also one of my favourite songs of all time, for anyone who hasn't heard it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTx8RnsqJ8
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Does anybody like the Nordland albums?
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Great, great band. Amazing songwriting,too. But I think I am safe to say that Quornthon wasn't exactly the greatest musician...
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by The Oceanborn
Great, great band. Amazing songwriting,too. But I think I am safe to say that Quornthon wasn't exactly the greatest musician...

Nor the best vocalist.
I've always really liked One Rode to Asa Bay. I love the chorus for some reason.
Me + Ibanez RGT42DXFM + Digitech GNX3000 + Crate GT1200H = Sex
For starters, the Emperor was good but NOT better than the original. I can't believe you people are saying this.

Anyway, Bathory are one of my all-time favourite bands, though I'm not too keen on his thrash albums. They're ok to listen to the odd time but not anything amazing. The first 4 albums are pure gold though.