im changin my tuning heads this week and, having spent 50 quid on the tuners, don;t really want to have to change my pretty fresh on strings

i know it sounds like im bein a cheapskate but is it possible to keep the same strings on?
You could do, but you'll have to put them on the new tuners exactly how they went on the old ones (all the curls around right and so on)

You could try it, but just buy some new strings.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dude u can find enough cash up your own anus for a pair of new strings, theyr not exactly expensive
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Well, i did this once before. It's a little more complicated to but them on again. But nothing special.
Quote by DTOE
dude u can find enough cash up your own anus for a pair of new strings, theyr not exactly expensive

i doubt that to be honest

the thing is, strings dont cost much i know, but to get to my local music shop it costs like 3 or 4 quid on the busses

cheers anyway
^Walk/run/teleport?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I've done it loads of times - not to change tuners, but change pickups, or clean fretboard etc.
Just completely unwind them and then gently pull them thru the tuner holes. Straighten out the curls with your fingers. Don't remove the strings from the bridge, but just bind the ends together with an elastic band and push them out of the way while you work on the headstock.
Quote by DTOE

Your mom can find that much crack up her ass!

but seriously folks *, just get some new strings, theyre only 3 quid, and after spending 50 on tuners that shouldnt seem like too much.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by andyroo_g
i doubt that to be honest

the thing is, strings dont cost much i know, but to get to my local music shop it costs like 3 or 4 quid on the busses

cheers anyway

buy them on the net, you'll get them in a couple of days at half the shop price and it saves the bus fare as well.

i use a site called 'stringbusters' in the UK.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix