I'm looking into getting my first six string bass around Christmas time and I was looking around on the net for brands/prices. I came across a Peavey Grind Bass on Musician's Friend (Peavey ) and other than reading the positive reviews, I want to see if anyone has actually owned or played one.

I'm up for other suggestions too. I noticed the Dean 6 String was around the same price (Dean) but I'm not as familiar with Dean basses as I am with Peavey.

Help shall be appreciated!

Edit: Oops almost forgot to say, this six string would be playing a lot of slap bass, blues, and metal so it needs to be pretty versatile!
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Last edited by metalicarules24 at Sep 18, 2006,
Do you have an idea of what they cost? I'm trying to stay under $500 or a little bit over.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
SR506 if you can work with the small spacing.

BTB556 if you want bigger spacing.

Some Rondo if you don't have money.
haha
Yeah i don't have the cash the get any of those Ibanez basses, but thanks for the reccomendations.

There was also a Rogue 6 String for 250 bucks that i thought about for a little bit, but then i figured it would be riskier and i could end up paying 100 bucks in upgrades and shop adjustments.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
^or that bantam bass i posted. its at your price limit.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I own the Dean Edge six string, and I recently played a Grind six. I have to say that the Grind was better, if you're going to do alot of high tapping. It's really hard to get the high notes to ring out on the Dean, whereas on the Grind it's pretty easy. If you don't do any tapping though I'd get he Dean because of the onboard active equalizer.
Bumper, are you saying that the Dean has active pickups and the Peavey doesn't? And would a cheap upgrade on the Dean help make the notes ring better? And would the Dean be able to get a good slap tone? ,

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
^Neither of them have active pickups, there is a big difference in active pickups and an active EQ. Most "active" basses only have an active EQ. The Dean has a decent slap tone. I can't think of any upgrades that you could make to it to make tapping easier. My action is ridiculously low, but i have to practically punch the high strings past 17th fret to get them to ring out
bantam 6 string: active pikups, its at your price range, Buzz feiten tuning system, this is a steal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Washburn-BB6-Bantam-6-String-Bass-Guitar-Feiten_W0QQitemZ290029125526QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^Yeah but it'll probably be sold by the time i have the money/christmas time.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
Quote by StygianFury666
really? I've played the Dean Edge 5 and it plays awesome! tapping is great.. no problems

I own the six, it plays good, but no matter how I set it up tapping inthe upper regisert is very difficult on the high G and C strings.
Quote by metalicarules24
^Yeah but it'll probably be sold by the time i have the money/christmas time.

they are around alot. so you will see one by then

Quote by steven seagull