On Saturday, I was practicing at my drummer's house with our band, and the next door neighbour heard us, and offered to give us his bass and amp (which he hasn't used since 1985). The amp is a Gorilla amp, so nothing madly special, and the bass is a Fender Jazz knockoff (he painted it over years ago) .

Anyways, the neck is a bit messed up, nothing serious, I'm going to bring it in on Thursday to get it fixed, then I'm thinking that since I got it for free, and isn't worth much at all, I might get it some good pickups, and paint it myself.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Or does anyone know any good resources in guitar painting... I really want to do a good job on this.

PT
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Go check out the gear customization forum, they always have great advice on what to do and stuff.

But good luck with that.
Oh crap!
yea definatly GB&C
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Ok

If any mod sees this, please move to GB & C forum.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
Now that I think of it, I might de-fret it... ooh. That would be cool..

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170
pictures! pictures! pictures!

if the paint job isnt' that great maybe give it a repaint. And hwo bad is the neck messed up?
Check my thread if you wana defret..see sig
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
I think if you want to paint it you have to remove the current finish and then reapply a new one. To be honest, it could look crappy if you don't get a professional to do it. However, I'm propably completely wrong so please can someone tell me how he'd do it.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I'll have pictures within the hour... I forgot to mention, theres a patch about 30cm x 10 where the black paint has come off. I should've asked how that happened, but I mean, he painted it himself, so...

PT

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170

Sorry about the horribly bad quality, my webcam isn't the best.

EQ:
Yamaha RBX170