Whenever i pick one of my guitar strings i hear on my amp a "chunk" noise. I don't hear this on many records or live recordings and can't figure out how to get rid of it...... do the professionals use abunch of high tech equilizer things or something..... or is it my guitar or amp??????? If anyone knows why I'm getting this noise or how to get rid of it please reply!

THANKS!!!
do u mean the noise the pick makes when u strike a string?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yup
exactly
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
[do the professionals use abunch of high tech equilizer things or something.....

They dont. if you listen carefully, you can still hear the pick. listen to iron maiden's solos for example. Its called "pick attack". You could reduce the sound by using a thicker pick. But IMO you cannot eliminate it altogether. Heck, you can hear the pick attack on some of pink floyd's solos.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
is it happening on the clean channel and distorted channel?
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
only distortion, which i know contributes to the prob., but i still don't hear it on records very often... and i think they do more to make it sound less noticable then use a thicker pick.
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
It might be the way you hold your pick. You don't want to hit the strings with the flat side of the pick. Hold it at an angle where the tip will glide over the strings.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
^yep, angle ur pick so its more in line wt the string.
and less movement will help. hard strumming will create more noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
try moving where you pick the strings. move from the bridge closer to the neck and listen to the difference.
ive had that same problem with my G-310. I play with very thin picks so i would get alot of unwanted noises when strumming chords on clean or distortion. Personally i solved this with getting a noise compressor and i worked on not strumming close or above the pickups. This may not be true with all guitars but when i played inbetween the bridge and neck pickups the picking sound was alot quieter than when playing right on top of them

devil face

Stay classy san diego
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!