Alright, so it took me a while before I actually realized the difference between a combo and a cabinet, but then when I did find out I felt dumb because it was so obvious. But pretty much, I'm in two bands officially (possibly about to be in three), and so chances are I'll be gigging with one of them pretty soon, but either way I can't hear myself over the drummer. So, pretty much I'm looking into getting a new amp. My price range is up to $300, and I was looking for something with at least 150W, because one of my bands has three guitarists (lead, rhythm, noise).

So, I was on musiciansfriend and I found the Behringer Ultrabass BXL3000 300W 1x15" Bass Combo for $249.99.

So it is 300W, a 1x15" Speaker (good for lows, which I like), and it's in my price range, the only bad thing is they don't really have any reviews on the website for this product (and I think the bassist in one of my friend's band uses it) so what I was hoping was that someone could tell me a little more about this amp, kinda review it for me if you've owned it or know someone who owns it.

Because I don't want to spend all my money on something if it is a false promise, so yeah, any help on if this is a good amp to buy would be great.
it sounds like you're a guitar player...and that is a bass amp
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
He's a bass player....
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by cerveza

sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Quote by cerveza

Wow, never been called that before . But no I'm not a guitar player, I am in fact a bass player, otherwise I wouldn't be posting in this forum
Go with something else. It may say 300 watts, but that basically means that it will blow with the volume switch a quarter of the way.

A basic rule to follow. 5 behringer/crate watts = 1 everything else watts.

You're probably not going to get a loud, great sounding amp for $300. The best you can do is get a good amp. Which is why I suggest an SWR LA15. 100 watts in a 15 inch speaker should do more than enough to get you heard.

And, if your band has a PA, mike your bass amp and use the PA to amplify it.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Good replies from Incubus & shaggy, the main thing that I would add as I always do is make sure that you can add an extension cab without disabling the combos speaker.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
How 'bout the Line 6 Lowdown LD300? I just tried out the LD150/175(not too sure which one), sound pretty neat with all the amp models and effects. Has a in-built tuner and 4 channel memories which, unfortunately, i didn't get to play with . But i must say the chorus effect is incredible.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by John Swift
Good replies from Incubus & shaggy, the main thing that I would add as I always do is make sure that you can add an extension cab without disabling the combos speaker.

How do you know if the combo lets you add an extension cab without disabling the combo's speaker....that's very important for me when i'm currently considering buying a new amplifier for future prospects
Quote by h0d0g
How do you know if the combo lets you add an extension cab without disabling the combo's speaker....that's very important for me when i'm currently considering buying a new amplifier for future prospects
Get hold of the specs or insist that the retailer finds out for you that is what he is there for.
Having read the spec sheet on the Behringer Ultrabass BXL3000 300W 1x15" Bass Combo it seems rather strange as there is no extension speaker output and yet it only has a 200 watt 4 ohm speaker.
So there you are, no go.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by platypus
How 'bout the Line 6 Lowdown LD300? I just tried out the LD150/175(not too sure which one), sound pretty neat with all the amp models and effects. Has a in-built tuner and 4 channel memories which, unfortunately, i didn't get to play with . But i must say the chorus effect is incredible.

he said his range was 300- so the ld300 is out of that area (just got mine cheap at $580) so, while it's a good amp it is too much. also i looked at the same behringer and in some reviews people have said it tends to rattle within a few months of playing, just fyi
I wouldn't put GK (Gallien Krueger) combos out of the question. I would look into them, and find one you like. Steer clear of behringer products, like Inky said. They have a tendency to explode. *not literally*
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Fender Rumble 100W or Ampeg BA-115s aren't too bad. I tested one, I can easily hear myself over the drummer, but I'm not so sure about gigging with it. They both have XLR line-outs for PAs too, if you have one.
how much money do you have to spend? I dont think an 100 watt will be enough for 3 guitarists and a drummer.
On a side note: when going to a PA, use a DI-box rather than a mic or the XLR-out on an amp. The last ones tend not to have a ground lift and may cause static or a ground loop. Mic's are a good way to go, but give a lot of rubbish sound if not placed well or if the amps sound is terrible.

Another thing on the behringer is that indeed the watts that are described aren't the actual values... So no way that thing can put out 300w. (maybe 300w peak, but not continuous)

John's advice is good advice... I'd also try to get a 15" speaker when going for a combo.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
1. steer clear of the behringer
2. steer clear of the SWR LA15 (i've had it repaired twice...i've since given up and am converting it into a cabinet
3. Ampegs are great...just expensive
4. i would look into hartke....if you're on a budget they usually do terrific with good clean powerful sound...but i would honestly stay away from 15"ers at 100 watts or more....they don't sound too great (again...my personal opinion...i play mostly on a or d)

best of luck in your decision