Okay, I have this cheap ten watt Marshall amplifier, Im broke-er than dirt, and I need more power. I had a brilliant idea today that maybe somehow it was possible to connect stereo speakers to my little Marshall and therefore make it just a little louder. Probably dealing with a pair of 80 watt speakers.. if anyone can assist me here with some advice, Id be ecstatic.

Cheers,

Matt
well you need guitar speakers in order for it to sound right, try getting a more eficcent speaker, that will make it louder
80 watt speakers are not any louder than your 10 watt one. they just can HANDLE 80 watts of power. just save your money for a bigger amp.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
what you will want is a higher db rated speaker, than a higher wattage. Higher wattage is good incase your amp is capable of putting out more watts than its rating, but a higher decible speaker can increase loudness. Lets use this example. A 100 watt amp through a 97db speaker is just as loud as a 10 watt through a 103db
okay, I dont understand the mechanics behind that theory, but I understand what youre saying. So hypothetically, if I got a 100 decible speaker(s) then my 10 watt would sound like a 100 watt amplifier? Also, does anyone know where to get a speaker of such power/how much it would cost/who would make it? Thanks again guys
check out celestian speakers, they are pretty efficient.. and also maby try getting a lower ohm rated speakers, that will make your amp louder, but not too low because it will possibly damage your amp
Quote by supersaianGohan
okay, I dont understand the mechanics behind that theory, but I understand what youre saying. So hypothetically, if I got a 100 decible speaker(s) then my 10 watt would sound like a 100 watt amplifier? Also, does anyone know where to get a speaker of such power/how much it would cost/who would make it? Thanks again guys

Not necessarily. It depends on the decible rating of the other speaker, but basically buying a higher decible speaker will increase the loudness of your amp. Say you have a 94ish db speaker in your current amp 97-100 db could possibly sound like a really big change. Try something like a celestion seventy 80 if you really want to try it out. But otherwise i'd leave it alone and just save up for a larger amp.
doesnt celestian make 120 db speakers? if you can find some of those your little 10 watt would be really loud.
Yeah thats true.. the only thing is, is that I have NO job and Im ALWAYS broke, and I need a power boost immediately. Something that could work out for a small-to-medium sized gig. Anyone know how much two seventy-80s would cost? I could just wire those up and play it like that
Quote by supersaianGohan
Yeah thats true.. the only thing is, is that I have NO job and Im ALWAYS broke, and I need a power boost immediately. Something that could work out for a small-to-medium sized gig. Anyone know how much two seventy-80s would cost? I could just wire those up and play it like that

Mic your little amp into the PA system (most places have a house PA)
Quote by supersaianGohan

Mic your little amp into the PA system (most places have a house PA)
so if I have my 10 watt amp connected to two 100 db speakers, does it matter what wattage they are? i.e. does it matter if I buy two 100 db 100 watt speakers or two 100 db 50 watt speakers?

oh yeah, the place Im playing has no PA system.. go figure
no, dont use 2 speakers. use one and no as long as the wattage is more than 10 watts you are fine..
i started out with the very same amp your talking about. and i'll tell you right now hooking up more speakers to it is a BAD idea.... unless youwant to screw that pos up that is.
i guess it would be possible if you knew how to wire in series and not overload the powersection of the amp. where when i had that amp years ago i hooked up a pair of speakers to it parallel.
It's not worth it.
Good speakers cost at least 60 bucks. Just buy a new amp!
It won't even get much louder.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.