http://www.rondomusic.net/gg2.html

I was thinking about getting that to customize into good metal oriented guitar. So far, I am planning on replacing the pickups. That's all i have. What else can I do to upgrade this guitar? Is it possible to change the neck with it being a set neck and all? Also, I was thinking that getting the neck scalloped would be cool, is that possible with the inlays? Could it use an upgrade in hardware? What hardware should I buy? Where do I buy it from? Thanks for any help/tips/anything. I'm really looking forward to this.
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
id say just refret it with some super jumbo frets and not scallop the fretboard, youll get the same effect and it wont be harder to play, assumeing your action is floored.
ok, thanks sempri_fi

does anybody have any experience with the necks on these? My cort has a really thin neck that i like a lot and i don't think i could go back to playing with a thicker neck, so that is my main concern.
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
depends if you have big hands, if you do you'll problably be more comfortable on a thicker neck..but its all personal prefrence...thats a cool guitar btw, kinda like a modifyed firebird
if i wanted to put a pickguard onto the red version, could i just get like a piece of polyurethane(or whatever it is i forgot) and just screw it on or is there some special technique to it?
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
you could use polycarbonate, but it scratches pretty easy, you really need some celluloid, thats what pickguards are made of..
ok, is it ok to just screw it on? will that hurt the tone/sustain at all?
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
Well, if other guitars have pickguards on them, then im sure it won't hurt the tone or sustain at all noticeably.

I would check out the guitar customizing stickies in this forum. It will help and guide you to the design and planning process.