I've seen 20, 21, 22, and 24 fret guitars, but why never a 23? This is just out of sheer curiousity.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I've seen 20, 21, 22, and 24 fret guitars, but why never a 23? This is just out of sheer curiousity.

Well if you're gonna make 23, why not just one more little fret to give you that last octave.
we should team up and make a 23fret guitar
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!
Ovation Tangent T357. Has 23 frets. It's acoustic. And i love my guitar, but why not add the next fret? I mean common there is enough room to put another fret. Damn you OVATION!
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
If you have 22 frets, why not 'might as well' go for 24 frets, it's just 2 frets, or even 23 frets, it's just 1 fret.

If you ahve 24 frets, why not just make it 25, it's just 1 fret.

sigh..

Weird guitar companies
Why not take a 24 fret...and pull off a fret!

21st fret has a dot!
22nd fret is a tone lower than 2 octaves so makes sense to stop there.
23rd fret has no dot and isn't anything special, so no point making 23 frets.
24th fret is 2 octaves and has double dots.

The only explaination I can think of, and no i'm not being serious.
Quote by JonisAlexander
Ovation Tangent T357. Has 23 frets. It's acoustic. And i love my guitar, but why not add the next fret? I mean common there is enough room to put another fret. Damn you OVATION!

you need 24 frets on an acoustic?

Dickless.
Yeah, it's basically because 23 is just a stupid number to have in the number of frets. If you have 22, you can easily bend up to the 24th fret, but if you put in 23 you might as well just put the 24th as well to make the octave.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

They might make 23 fret fretboards if they want the neck pickup to have a better tone, as the closer the neck pickup is to the 24th fret octave the better it sounds (in general anyway). This I'm guessing is why guitars like Strats and Les Pauls have 21 and 22 fret boards.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.