Here's the best news you'll hear all year. J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton have a recorded an album together. The Road to Escondido is going to be released November 7. In addition to Cale and Clapton, it features Doyle Bramhill II, Derek Trucks, Taj Mahal, that fag, John Mayer and Billy Preston (to whom the album is dedicated). It has 14 track, 11 written by Cale. If you're not familiar with J.J. Cale, he's one of the best songwriters to ever live.

Discuss.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
What Taj works on should be worth having a listen to. I'm not so sure about the Eric Clapton though... Listening to 'Back Home' shows just how far he has left his glory days with the Bluesbreakers behind. Hopefully the others can keep him from turning it into a poppy, soulless mess like 'Back Home'. If so, then I'm there!
How may The National D help you waste your time?
I don't think J.J. Cale would put his name on anything like Back Home.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I heard the lead-off single from the album on the radio and its not too bad. Granted, Clapton isn't going nuts w/ his guitar like the Bluesbreakers days, but there was some excellent guitar playing on it. The song itself was catchy, too, but not in a pure pop sort of way, its definitely a song Cale wrote.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton