how can i tune my guitar into drop c? i really wanna play godsmack music but i have no idea how to do this my guitarr is currently in standard eadgbe
make the E string sound like the 3rd Fret on the A string, then tune normally (5th fret should sound like the next string down)

Just beware of fret buzz when tuning down, it can get pretty annoying at drop C

Just saying, Queens of the Stone Age play almost every song in drop C, hence the reason I learned how
I dont have ne buzz noise from my strings when i play in C. Or in drop B either.
Im not sorry that i cant be like the rest of you.....
Quote by private
The only notes you can use are C E and G

That'd be OPEN C, this is DROP C.

Basically you tune the lowest string down a whole step.

Then tune all the strings down a whole step (so the E goes down 2 whole steps.)

Quote by Logz
Drop C (Drop D down a whole step): C G C F A D

1. Play the 3rd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 3rd fret Low E string.
2. Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
3. Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
4. Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
5. Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
6. Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.

From the ONLY tuning thread in the Guitar & Bass Basics forum

If you have any more tuning questions, feel free to ask either here or there.

EDIT: also, QOTSA songs are in Standard C, which is C F Bb Eb G C
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by frenchyfungus at Sep 19, 2006,
ty guys so much . . prett nice comutity here im glad i joined well ce you later dudes and thanks alot
ok this might sound a little embarrasing . . . i mest up i ment drop d not drop c
Quote by D3m0n7x
ok this might sound a little embarrasing . . . i mest up i ment drop d not drop c

well, that's ok, now you know how to tune into drop C, so, don't worry
Quote by D3m0n7x

lol, no worries

Drop D is easy to tune to.

play the 7th fret of the E string, and the open A string.

just lower the E string till it matches the A string.

You should be able to hear/feel reverberations in your guitar, tune till those are at their longest.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
ok so i should just tune them at the third fret or does it change for each chord?
ummm, I'm not sure what you mean.

Here's the whole thing:
Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open
# Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
# Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
# Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
# Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.

A chord is when you play three or more notes at once, I don't quite know what you're getting at.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez