You know how one plays guitar in the regular (right-handed fashion)... But I have seen Michael Angelo Batio and the long hair dude from dragon force fretting from top of the neck instead of the bottom ( the usual way ). I just dont understand the point. is it just to look cool? Or to play faster? Are the strings better muted this way?

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
What are you talking about you mean playing a right handed guitar left handed? if that's what you're talking about that's just how some people learn and to the best of my knowledge it does make it easier to bend notes.
Quote by jof1029
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435409
whats the point of making the EXACT same thread twice?

Sorry, this afternoon UG website was responding very slowly and sometimes it just hung up. I must have pressed the "submit" button twice.

so, its just a show off? That's what I was thinking...

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

yes, he's just showing off. it's not much use generally, usually overhand is just used for right hand tapping.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Whats wrong with playing in a hard position if they can? It seems you take offense to people "breaking the mould". They are being innovative, expanding the use of electric guitar, as people have been doing since the 50s when it first became popular.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
No, no, please dont misunderstand me. If I take offence at MAB, I should take offence at Jimi for playing with his teeth. I understand that they are being innovative, but just wanted to find out what advantages are there to playing like that.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus