i saw them live.....the guitarists went nuts and the bassist just leaned against his amp and smoked a joint :P:
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by timmEH
i saw them live.....the guitarists went nuts and the bassist just leaned against his amp and smoked a joint :P:

Yeah, I remember the guitarists being slightly odd when they played over here a few years back. One of them just stared menacingly into the crowd the whole night. They were good though. Haven't listened to them in a long time now.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
slow chemical was written as the theme song for WWE'S Kane, it just happened to be on punisher as well thats probably why it seems weird compared to their other stuff. i've got a few of their cds, their bassist is AWESOME just listen to good times, awesome group!!
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
Yes I'm bumping this. They are too good to die into the pits of the Modern Rock forum....

Anyways, what do you guys think of their newest album? I think its ok, but I don't know about the song paralyzer... There old stuff is better. My favorites would have to be Famous, Slow Chemical and Stay in Shadow.
I actually like Paralyzer, it's danceable. So you know, it kinda has that going for it. Their older stuff is cool too.. but GOSH do I hate "One Thing." Or whatever that one song is called. Ahhh. But yeah, other than that, they're pretty cool?
we know a place no spaceships go
Paralyzer is an awesome song, but that's where it pretty much stops. There latest album wasa bit of a let down. Songs like "I'll Keep Your Memory Vague" "Talking to the Walls" & "Change the World" were good, but the rest were disappointing. Well, it's better then nothing i guess, considering the band was on the verge of breaking up.

Still, There is no album like "The Greyest of Blue Skies" Hands down, there best CD.
Quote by stepco12345
Paralyzer is an awesome song, but that's where it pretty much stops. There latest album wasa bit of a let down. Songs like "I'll Keep Your Memory Vague" "Talking to the Walls" & "Change the World" were good, but the rest were disappointing. Well, it's better then nothing i guess, considering the band was on the verge of breaking up..

I actually don't really like "Talking To The Walls" or "Change The World"
My favorites off the new album would have to be "Paralyzer", "Lost My Way", "So-So Suicide", and "Sense Of A Spark"

Still, There is no album like "The Greyest of Blue Skies" Hands down, there best CD.
FTW
B.C. RICH
Quote by b.c.rich rules
I actually don't really like "Talking To The Walls" or "Change The World"
My favorites off the new album would have to be "Paralyzer", "Lost My Way", "So-So Suicide", and "Sense Of A Spark"

Oh yeah, "Lost My Way" is a cool song to, but i really do not like "So-So Suicide". Really bad song.
Good times... that is an amazing song... same with paralzer
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
Black SEGOVIA Cut-away modle
.60mm Dunlope Picks
YES I KNOW THAT I HAVE VERY LIMITED GEAR..
Quote by Strum a chord
Good times... that is an amazing song... same with paralzer

You really need to listen to some of their non-singles. They totally pwn the singles.
Their first two albums were excellent, but their last two really sucked. Hard to believe it is even the same band. 'The Greyest of Blue Skies' especially was such an amazing album, from start to finsh, it just held you, not a disappointing moment on it.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by timmEH

That's a bassist for ya (don't flame me: I am a bassist)
The.
i saw them for my first concert with local H, The bass player just spun his bass around his neck for basically the whole show.
when i first started playing about a month ago a decided a had to learn some songs so heres what i did
week 1: learnd smoke on the water
week 2: learned eruption (jimmy hendrix)
week 3 learnd matter of puppets
week 4: learned blitzkrieg
Been hearing Paralyzer on the radio a lot and love it. Checked them out mroe and also love Good Times and Slow Chemical. Defnitely going to pick up their Cd's.
I just found my old CD - Finger Eleven. Ahh...I remember listening to this when it first came out. Time to give it another whirl
I've been getting into them again. In fact, listening to them right now, as I type.

I've been mainly getting into Tip and The Greyest of Blue Skies more. Those albums just seem more darker then the other three? The songs on those albums have a real creepier and darker sound to them.
So yeah I'm bringing back a dead thread. I listened to The Greyest of Blue Skies in its entirety 5 times today (I have no life ) Definitely my favorite album and easily my second favorite band. So what is everyone's top 5 F11 songs?

Here are mine:
1. Good Times
2. Suffocate
3. Sick Of It All
4. Paralyzer
5. Tip

Honorable mentions:
For The Ocean, Bones + Joints, Famous, Complicated Questions, Conversations, Other Light, Falling On, Quicksand and Above.

I saw them live at Rock on the Range back in May and they put on a great performance. I met them after the show and they signed all 4 of my F11 CDs and they were really cool guys. I've only met 4 bands, but they were probably the coolest guys to talk to.
Last edited by __Ronnie__ at Jun 21, 2008,
In no specific order:

1. Sick of it all
2. For The Ocean
3. First Time
4. My Carousel
5. Stay in Shadow

But I only have Greyest of Blue Skies, along with the songs Stay In Shadow and Paralyser. So I can't really make a good list.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

But I only have Greyest of Blue Skies, along with the songs Stay In Shadow and Paralyser. So I can't really make a good list.

You've still got a pretty good list. If you like them enough then I highly recommend getting their Self-Titles album. It's overall a little softer and much less dark than The Greyest of Blue Skies, but it still has some great songs.
Quote by __Ronnie__
You've still got a pretty good list. If you like them enough then I highly recommend getting their Self-Titles album. It's overall a little softer and much less dark than The Greyest of Blue Skies, but it still has some great songs.

Yeah, I've been considering buying it for a little while. I just happen to be broke, and there's lots of other things I need to buy too. I also kinda want to check out their new one, because I know a lot of people hate the whole mainstream thing they did, but I thought it sounded ok.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It's really not that bad as a lot of people say. It's far from their best work but I still like about half the songs on it.
Quote by __Ronnie__
It's really not that bad as a lot of people say. It's far from their best work but I still like about half the songs on it.

I'll pick that up when I get their s/t then.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT