I'll be getting a few guitars(somewhat crappy end models, but hey, free guitar) from my brother and friend, and had some ideas of what I'd like to do with them. Problem is I don't know much about the workings and electrics of guitars to know what to get to achieve certain sounds and genres...so I thought I'd ask here.

Strat 1
I plan to turn my friends black crap strat into David Gilmour's "Black Strat" in looks, and also get as close as I could to sound, without going way overboard with spending money. I fiddled around on ebay the past week and managed to get my hands on '62 RI Fender pots . I don't know if these will work well for what I'm trying to do here, but I do know that regardless they are better than what in my guitar now.

There's also a "Vintage 58 RI Fender Stratocaster Strat TREMOLO Bridge" but I have no idea if this would be a good buy if I'm looking for a Gilmour sound.

Note: Yes, I did search gilmourish.com before I'm sent there. I believe all I got from there was that I mght need 3 singlecoil Seymour Duncans. But Im not sure and dont know where Id find these, and Im assuming theyd be bat**** expensive.

Strat 2
I was thinking to go either Blues or Southern Rock with this one. I'd attempt to play mostly SRV if I went downt he Blues/Blues Rock path...and with Southern Rock mostly Skynyrd, maybe Allman Brothers.
Anyway, I know next to nothing about this sound, so any help with what to do with this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Strat 3
This is my current POS strat, that I pretty much want to get Frusciante sounds with. I love his music, and considering it's the same sunburst finish he has for his main choice guitar, I figure why the hell not. Again, tried to search but couldn't find much help.

I dunno what to call this..."V" body guitar?
The body on this is V-shaped, and I don't know what company or brand it is. I think it's something pretty good and well-known, considering it was my brother's friend's fathers who played in a few pretty good bands. My brother just fixed the neck on it(whch had broken) and now I'm going to take it.

I want to go a metal path with this, since the body makes me think of it. Probably just older Metallica and Iron Maiden since that is the only metal I listen to.

I'm sure Im asking for way too much help, and I apologize for that. I'm just very eager and enthusiastic about this whole customizing and modding myself business, but just need an pretty big push to get started. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Bump.

Could anybody help? It would be much appreciated.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
the V is probably a Rhoads
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.