Page 1 of 4
EDIT... (just so this doesn't turn into a brawl)...

Who is your favorite bassist/bassists and your favorite song/songs with him/her playing. I need an idea of some songs to play.

DO NOT ARGUE OVER WHO IS GOOD/BAD.

EDIT#2: He was banned for having multiple accounts. Keep the thread going though

EDIT#3: Not any more, lol.
Last edited by gibsonbrothers at Nov 2, 2006,
Roger Patterson of Atheist.

Favourite song? Unquestionable Presence, although it doesn't have nearly as much bass as most Atheist songs, it just rips as a whole.
Mic Todd from Coheed. and Delerium Trigger, for no real reason
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
it's not my favourite song but i really like Scarified by Racer X - the bass in that is excellent. Dont know the bassist and cant be arsed to look it up.
David Ellefson (Megadeth) - Five Magics
Jason Newstead (Metallica) - Fixxxer
Cliff Burton (Metallica) - Orion
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) - Flight of Icarus
Duff Mckagan (Guns 'n roses) - Rocket Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****bass
you know he died right???

wtf?!?!?
when?

^_^
Im a big fan of robin eaglestone from back in the days when cradle of filth were a decent band - the forest whispers my name has some great bass
to be really boring and obvious, try flea's version of higher ground. also most songs with duncan patterson on bass...
John Myung of Dream Theater - Honor thy Father (not the song w/ his best bassline just my favorite DT song)

Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne - Severed
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Les Claypool from primus - tommy the cat
Flea from RHCP - coffee shop
Justin Chancellor from tool - the grudge
Ryna Martinie from Mudvayne - severed
P-nut from 311- nutymtom
Geddy Lee from rush - YYZ
Cannibal Corpse - Frantic Disembowelment, No Remorse (metallica cover), Hammer Smashed Face - Alex Webster

Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Powerslave, The Trooper, Two Minutes To Midnight - Steve Harris

Anthrax - Caught In A Mosh (Terriffic bass riff i might add, great growly bass tone too) - Frank Bello

Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace, In Death's Embrace, Master Of Disharmony (Bassist: Nagash)
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Jack Bruce - White Room (Cream)
Tim Commerford - Take The Power Back (Rage Against The Machine)
Patrick Mattrews - 1969 (The Vines)
Krist Novoselic - Love Buzz (Nirvana)
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
geddy lee of rush fav song for bass hmmmm of my limited knowledge of rush.... YYZ

lol funny guy...

Geddy Lee and Turn The Page
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
to start...

Jaco Pastorius - Portrait of Tracy
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Jean Baudin-Transcend
Martin Mendez (Opeth)-Bleak (fav. song), The Drapery Falls (fav. bassline)
Nothing to gein - Ryan Martinie
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Jack Bruce of Cream. The live versions of Crossroads, Spoonful, Politician, Traintime (this doesn't count since Bruce is playing the harmonica), and Sitting on Top of the World are sterling, and his performance on Apostrophe (a Frank Zappa Song) is great as well.
Schecter Custom 4
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Classical Acoustic
Orion - Cliff Burton
Amazing Grace - Victor Wooten
DMV, My name is mud, To Defy The Laws of Tradition, Ballad Of Buckethead, many many others, all Les Claypool
Lots of Chili's stuff
Quote by Mongoose87
Jack Bruce is in the pantheon of bass gods.

Jack Bruce is the reason I play bass. I have a huge (20 pages) rasterbated poster of him in my room.
Schecter Custom 4
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Classical Acoustic
Les Claypool (primus)- Laquer Head
John Campbell (Lamb of God)- Hourglass
Fieldy (KoRn)- all of them!
Flea (RHCP)- Californiacation.

Tada. : Vhan:
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Last edited by silentdob at Oct 3, 2006,
I love Flea's style and music theory, but my all time favorite would be Chris Squire on "Close To The Edge" or "Relayer"
NIB, Behind the wall of sleep, Dirty woman - Geezer (Sabbath)
Advent of Panurge, Knots, Giant - Ray Shulman (Gentle Giant)
The Barbarian, Living Sin, Tank - Greg Lake (ELP)
Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), The Four Horsemen - Cliff Burton (Metallica)

Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Quote by Applehead
it's not my favourite song but i really like Scarified by Racer X - the bass in that is excellent. Dont know the bassist and cant be arsed to look it up.

tell me about it, sweepin & evrythin! jus actually finished lrnin dat 2day. cant play it perfectly tho!!!
yeah i cant play it full speed, it's too fast for me. Excellent song to practice though. Fast as f*ck
paul mccartney - something or i want you (she's so heavy)
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Duff McKagan (sp?) - Civil War (Guns n Roses)
Gear
-Ibanez Soundgear SRX3EXQM1 (yeah, long name)
-Fender Rumble 100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
John Paul Jones (Led Zepp) - Since Ive Been loving You, not hard to play or anything, but as a whole all the instruments/vocals fit in so nicely.
Any Jaco Pastorius
The guy from Tool dunno his name, but he makes some nice riffs.
Last edited by Rehutai at Sep 24, 2006,
Page 1 of 4