Page 1 of 2
evelsteve (1 month ago)
I knew Chuck personally back in 1987, just before Scream Bloody Gore came out. Trust me, it's about Paul because they didn't leave on bad terms, but he did criticize Paul's philosophy and sexuality, since he's gay.
(reply to this)
MeHimself (1 month ago)
So Chuck was a homophobe? I never knew or would've thought. And if you're referring to the line "...yet you don't know your own sexuality", then that wouldn't exaclty make sense because just because you're gay, doesn't mean you don't know your sexuality. But man, if you knew the man himself, I guess I can't argue with you. I'd like to know more if you know more. There are so many Death songs that I wish I knew the message of.
(reply to this)
evelsteve (1 month ago)
Chuck was rather homophobic,just look at his lyrics for the song Mutilation:"I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace.." He was a southerner from Altamonte Springs, just south of Orlando,FL. Rather racist and homophobic, at least the older generations were.
(reply to this)
MeHimself (1 month ago)
I just figured he wasn't as mature when those lyrics were written. And he was racist too?? Damn...

hes an amazing guitarist and his songs are amazing, but if thats true i lost respect for him, anyone else have more info on this
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
well i did hear that the song The Philosopher was about Paul.... i didnt know he was gay. That explains a lot
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
ya me either, but its possible to have a problem with a gay person, and people start calling you a homophobe, but i don't know that guy says he knew em, but he was jewish and im sure people who were racist didn't like that, someone has to have more info
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
I could care less if he was racist or homophobic. Death was still amazing.
Originally posted by Sweat&Blood
shut up reed-tard, what would disturbed be, more of a heavy metal rather than metal?
i doubt chuck was extremely racist or homophobic.
Youtube covers

i found that in the comments of Death's The Philosopher video on youtube, search it i didn't alter anything, and to the person above i state death is amazing, but think if you were gay the person that you think is genius and great, hates you, i have a problem with that, thats why i wanna find the truth, im not gay but its disturbing to hear that i would be hated by him if i was
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Last edited by IbanezxXx at Sep 18, 2006,
God forbid he has an opinion that isnt politically correct, wait in a metal song.

I would have never imagined!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
^^why don't you read my post thats above urs, idc bout it being politcally correct or not, but if this is true that means he'd hate you if you were gay, that doesn't bother you?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Death > All

So it doesnt really matter.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
well what if hes racist and hates your race that bother you?, and once again not denying hes talent, but id like to get an answer not a bunch of fans tellin me to stfu, cuz i have SBG on CD and its amazing i listen to it alot, just trying to get to the bottom (lol gay, bottom) of this, and any1 else think its funny that Death covered Painkiller on Sounds Of Perseverance (and if you don't get why thats funny you shouldnt be in the metal forum)
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
^^why don't you read my post thats above urs, idc bout it being politcally correct or not, but if this is true that means he'd hate you if you were gay, that doesn't bother you?

Doesnt necesarily mean he would hate an individual for being gay as much as the idea of homosexuality...Anyway, I lose absolutely no respect for him.
Quote by madbasslover
you've just received the first official Madbasslover's Seal of Asskickery.

Cas Appreciator #4. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate.

Private Donut of the Red VS Blue Club. pm fret13 to join
^^the guy said he was homophobic, i know what your saying, but im just going by what the guys said and if that guy is telling the truth he would hate the individual, because i have no other info to go by,and i have researched it
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
Are you saying you're gay?

Anyway, as for Chuck...if this is true, he's gained my respect by presenting his views, even if they offend pussy-ass anti-'homophobes' such as yourself.

And while we're on the subject, the word 'homophobia' encompasses WAY too much these days. Gays have been given too many rights.
ya i said i wasn't gay, but i guess an ignorant prick like you didn't spend the time to learn how to read properly, and why don't you think before writing or narrow-views on the internet so, everyone know how stupid you are
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
and wtf! you like Cynic, that guy is gay, you think his right should be taken away? (the guy Paul is the 1 from Cynic), so why don't you realize that people can be gay and you can like them for what they accomplish
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Before I lose more IQ points from reading all the stupidity in here let's bring a rare and strange argument I found a while ago on the Symbolic's review thread:

Chuck Schuldiner, a rip-off artist.

Death is a classic example of how factors totally unrelated to music come to color judgments of a band. Chuck Schuldiner's long struggle with cancer and subsequent death has resulted in an almost hagiographical character to most discussions of Chuck and Death. As a result, objective analyses of Death's recorded output are scarce on the ground these days.

Despite the widespread myth that Death "founded" the death metal movement, in its early incarnations, the band remained essentially derivative of Possessed. Following the release of their debut ?Scream Bloody Gore? (considered a landmark by some, but actually a second-rate copy of ?Seven Churches?), Death suffered through several lineup changes and released two middling death metal albums in a style the scene had already passed by. Reforming with yet another line-up, Death released ?Human?, which was easily the best work of Chuck's career (of course, the album also featured two members of Cynic, and ?Human? was more than anything a continuation of the style developed during Cynic's demo years). However, this lineup soon disintegrated as well (the pattern makes it clear that Chuck was a bit difficult to work with). The follow-up to ?Human?, ?Individual Thought Patterns?, was an attempt at further developing the style of its predecessor, but without Paul Masvidal to give the songwriting direction, it collapsed into an incoherent mishmash of ideas.

Death's next release was ?Symbolic?, a record hailed as a stroke of genius by fanboys the world over. The truth, as usual, is something far different. While ?Symbolic? does clean up the mess that was ?Individual Thought Patterns?, it is not the unique work of brilliance that fanboys would have you believe. Rather, ?Symbolic? is clearly the result of someone passing on Coroner albums to Chuck Schuldiner, because when you strip away all the hype, what you're left with is ?Mental Vortex? and ?No More Color? played in rock 'n roll idiom. Far from a creative work of genius, all ?Symbolic? really amounts to is yet another example of Chuck Schuldiner making a living off the ideas of others.

Above and beyond a lack of any real creative vision, ?Symbolic? suffers from other critical flaws. The mix is patented Morrisound, only more sterile and punchless than usual, it?s a sound so plastic that even were these songs masterpieces (which, of course, they aren?t), they?d still sound suspiciously like pop music. Worse, despite adopting a style that is, by its very nature, song rather than album driven, only ?Zero Tolerance,? ?Crystal Mountain? and ?Perennial Quest? are strong enough to stand on their own (and the latter is marred by an irritating, ?Hey look how syncopated we can be, admire our skill? stop-start riffing approach that foreshadows the descent into total wankery that is ?The Sound of Perseverence?). Coupled with the fundamentally unoriginal nature of this music, the deficiencies in the mix and prevalence of filler make this a completely superfluous album that no one really needs to own.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
i knew Possessed was first but didn't know the rest, thats interesting thanx, but not related to the question
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
ok if wheither you agree with disagree with his view thats not the point, im wondering about info that would help determine if he is homophobic and or racist or not, so enough with the idc crap, cuz i dont care bout your opinion, so either tell me info regarding the subject or stfu
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
ya i said i wasn't gay, but i guess an ignorant prick like you didn't spend the time to learn how to read properly, and why don't you think before writing or narrow-views on the internet so, everyone know how stupid you are
I was kidding, dude. Shake the sand out of your panties.
Quote by IbanezxXx
and wtf! you like Cynic, that guy is gay, you think his right should be taken away? (the guy Paul is the 1 from Cynic), so why don't you realize that people can be gay and you can like them for what they accomplish
I wasn't talking about Cynic. I was talking about the spoiled brats who force the world to watch their 'gay pride' parades. They were making a big deal about some conservative politician not showing up for their parade last time around. Honestly, who really gives a shit? Why should the CONSERVATIVE govornment be forced to show their acceptance of homosexuality, when it is clear that Stephen Harper disagrees with it?
It's funny - the gays used to just want tolerance and 'equal rights'. Now, no longer is it enough that we tolerate their views - we must also embrace them. They have disgraced the name of 'marriage'. They have an agenda, and they are obtrusively pushing it on everybody, and labeling those who don't agree with their views such names as 'homophobic', 'prejudiced', and 'intolerant'.

I do not have so much a problem with a person being homosexual, as i do with the immaturity that seems to inherently go alongside.

*Edit:
Quote by IbanezxXx
ok if wheither you agree with disagree with his view thats not the point, im wondering about info that would help determine if he is homophobic and or racist or not, so enough with the idc crap, cuz i dont care bout your opinion, so either tell me info regarding the subject or stfu
We don't care about your MTV-inspired so-called 'opinion' either.
And stop double-posting.
Last edited by <>< at Sep 19, 2006,
ya, i knew you were kidding but ive been waiting to say that for awhile , lol, i understand what your saying, all im saying it do what you want but don't get me involved, and from what i understand so do you

EDIT: i don't watch MTV dicklick, and if i did wtf does that matter, leave the thread no1 cares,and i double posted cuz all i was gettin was ppl's opinions which isnt what i wanted
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
ya, i knew you were kidding but ive been waiting to say that for awhile , lol, i understand what your saying, all im saying it do what you want but don't get me involved, and from what i understand so do you
We're cool then.

*adds IbanezxXx to list of the better UG'ers*
ya, i had to get you back for the mtv thing but your kool in my book
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
This is pointless, if you want to know if he was a homophobe or racist, try doing a google a seatch or something. I doubt most people here give a shit as to whether or not Chuck was a racist/homophobe, becuase a decent amount of metal acts have members that have that ideology.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
i'd hate me if i was gay too
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
i like how it's called 'homophobe'. i really double any real homophobes are actully scared of them, they probably want to kick their ass, but meh.
But come on, these are only speculations
Youtube covers

Quote by IbanezxXx

Chuck was rather homophobic,just look at his lyrics for the song Mutilation:"I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace.."

Yeah, but all of Death's older lyrics were pretty violent and offensive...I don't know if that neccesarily means anything.

And he was probably just mad at the guy he wrote the Philosopher about.

I don't think we have enough evidence to draw any conclusion about his views here.
There's nothing that says you have to like gays, or other races for that matter.

As long as Chuck wasn't a skinhead, goin' round organising fag-drags etc., who cares?

Varg burnt down a few Churches - if you only listen to Burzum because he did, you're an impressionable idiot, but by the same token, if you refuse to accept that Varg's work is music just because he did burn down Churches, you're ignorant.

I hear the same type of thing about Slayer being a Nazi skinhead band.. so I say "Yeah, but you know Dave Lombardo is Jewish, right?"
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
yeah i really dont see any real evidence that he was homophobic, i mean he could have been, if he was I probably wouldnt rspect him as a person as much, but id still respect him as a musician and listen to my Death records.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've heard stuff like Chuck was racist, but I doubt it since, Paul is hispanic.
If you are reading this, GET A JOB!!
And if he was? Would that make him less of a musician?

I hate this whole hippy-bullshit about accepting, liking and respecting everyone unconditionally. It's all just a bunch of hypocritical idiocy anyway.
And if he was? Would that make him less of a musician?

I hate this whole hippy-bullshit about accepting, liking and respecting everyone unconditionally. It's all just a bunch of hypocritical idiocy anyway.x594387523.

Best post in the thread.

Page 1 of 2