alright, sorry for all the posts recently about guitars. i was going to buy a les paul but i'm a little tight on cahs and frankly i don't deserve it.

so i've broken it down to either a Jackson Dkmg (cause it supposedly comes with EMG 81's and 85's) or an ibanez RG1820x (andi 'll eventually put the Emg's in).
i like playing metal, punk, funk, some bluesy stuff and just straight out rock. so right now it's just a question of which one is universally cooler and which one would be moe economical. they are both roughly the same price
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Ibanez... ftw

I own 2 ibanez guitars, and I love the way they feel.

But play both and decide what works best for you.

Adam
i would say the jackson, personally i think they look way way way way way better than the ibanez. and it already comes with emgs. so thats my opinion, but you should chek em both out so you know which one plays better n stuff. oh and by the way, neither of these guitars will be that good for funk, jfyi
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
The ibanez

If the DXMG has a trem, its ****. THe jackson LFRs are garbage, and the RG has amuch nicer neck imo, better fret access, and all around better playability.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
well i have a fender strat for funk
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Go out and try them both and see which one you like better, I would personally got for the Ibanez myself, since I already own one lol.
Quote by ClassicAxe
The ibanez

If the DXMG has a trem, its ****. THe jackson LFRs are garbage, and the RG has amuch nicer neck imo, better fret access, and all around better playability.

Supposedly on the 2006 models they're made of better quality material so they aren't as shit as they used to be. Couldn't you just put an OFR in anyways?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
^ Yes for another 150$
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
He'd be paying more to put emg's in the ibanez...go with the jackson.

Things to come:
^ You forget overall playability. He would have to play both, but i would NEVER even look at a jackson, if there was a good RG in a music store.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ You forget overall playability. He would have to play both, but i would NEVER even look at a jackson, if there was a good RG in a music store.

Well i don't know you, but judging from your sig and your avatar i'm guessing you're somewhat of an ibanez fanboy?

Things to come:
I own both a Jackson and an Ibanez, and before i tried the Ibanez, i was in heaven, then i got the Ibanez and i found out what i was missing. The fretboard on the Ibanez feels so much better than that on my jackson, and it is easier to do solos and play. IBANEZ FTW
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
SOMEWHAT is an understatement
btw, I love your avatar funkbass769

But, I agree, play them both, you may suprised to not like both
I went to the store set on an Rg, but thougt it played, ok (and I played some prestiges too). Meanwhile I loved the LTD I own now, when I had no intention of gettin it at first.
But strickly price wise, it'd be cheaper to swap the floyd then to swap the pups. But remember, if you can TRY THEM OUT
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG