Ok, here is my story:

On my Telecaster, the input jack is getting messed up. It was broken a while back where when I plugged my cable in the guitar wouldn't make a noise through the amp. What's happening is the nut that you can tighten inside the input jack is coming loose. When I tighten it, it won't get any more tightened because after you tighten it it just comes back to where it was. What I mean by this is that when you tighten it a little and let go it twists back to where it was. I fear I'm going to turn it too much and mess it up again. How can I fix it without paying 15 bucks to get it fixed every 6 months?
you might be turning the whole input and not just the nut try holding it from the back while tighting it
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
^no.

take off the plate and hold both ends while u screw. or ull snap the wires off.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
^no.

take off the plate and hold both ends while u screw. or ull snap the wires off.

how do i take the plate off?
if u look there should be 2 to 4 little screws holding it on.

hopefully ull have enough wire slack that you can gently pull the jack out a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

How many times do you reckon you've had to post that pic? I must've seen it 3-4 times in the last coupla months alone.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
that is a 2x a week pic. over the past 1.5yrs.
the trem cavity pic is also a 2x a week.

action adjustment pics are about 4x a week. sometimes, 4x a day.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by sempri_fi
get a lock washer, it will do wonders for keeping nuts tight..

So will your wife... although you might forget about playing guitar for awhile....