I have a 1985 Ibanez DT350. I think it came out retailing at 400-500 bucks... anyways, I paid about 350 for it at Sam Ash (I had some trade ins, so it was only like 150 out of my pocket). This guitar plays better and is more comfortable than almost every ESP and Jackson I have played. The trem is way more fluent and smooth than the Jackson trems on the MG series and the trems on the LTD400 series (even with the age and the price difference). The neck is close to perfect (I like my Wizard 2 more)... this guitar is like woahhhh. And for 350 bucks? I haven't played a guitar under 900 that is better than this.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes old guitars play better or did Ibanez just create a jem (haha no pun intended) in 1985?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that it sounds better than every guitar I have ever played (lots that is) except for the ESP DV-8 with the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine actives in it.
it just depends on your preference too i have a Gibson LP special that i've been playing for 3 yrs and i slapped the zakk wyle emgs in i went try a zakk wylde custom at the gibson showcase it was a 6k guitar and i prefer my guitar to that one i found the custom was way too heavy and it had the excat same tone as my guitar and i don't even have the maple top i also found the neck to be fat and slow
My Charvel was made in 1988 I think and it shreds.

It's so much more comfortable to play and the Floyd is so well put together. I can't say much for the sound though, the original humbucker was updated to a Duncan Distortion.
Quote by i_baked_cookies

Has anyone noticed that sometimes old guitars play better or did Ibanez just create a jem (haha no pun intended) in 1985.

Gem is spelled with a 'g', not a 'j'. You Loooooooose.