Page 1 of 2
Inspired by the thread started by the guy wanting advice on fighting. I thought it would be a good idea to start an official thread so we can, as brothers of the music community, help eachother out and people will learn not to **** with musicians.

So, post your experience, tips, ideas, tell people how to fight, how to punch, where to aim for etc.

As for me... I have never been in a serious fight before so Im guessing I would suck to the max. I try to stay out of the fights as much as possible, and people pick them with me alot because I get labelled as emo (no doubt that I am but Im a good sport with it, dissing does no harm).

The biggest problem there would be, I have no idea how to defend myself and swing proper punches, anything at all basically to do with fighting. I also have a lip piercing and both my ears are stretched so those are definatly weak points. Any hints?

Lets go.
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
I used to be a bully, so I know how to handle situations when and if I get bullied
Actually, sometimes that bad habbit still occurs But I can't help it... If there is a retard pissing you off talking about how great Cameros are every ****ing second for 2 hours straight, you wouldn't punch him and take his wallet?
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Well, guard your soft spots( balls and stomach). Keep those turned away from your opponents strong arm. Also, ur ears should be fine unless he pulls a Muhammed Ali on you. But the lip ring is a bit dangerous. if you know its coming, take it out.

As for places to aim for? anywhere works as long as it whittles away at him. Try and hit the same spot multiple times. Everybody says that kicking is stupid in a fight, but I say that you should make it some UFC **** if you feel like it.

use ur strengths. Good luck.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
Well, guard your soft spots( balls and stomach). Keep those turned away from your opponents strong arm. Also, ur ears should be fine unless he pulls a Muhammed Ali on you. But the lip ring is a bit dangerous. if you know its coming, take it out.

As for places to aim for? anywhere works as long as it whittles away at him. Try and hit the same spot multiple times. Everybody says that kicking is stupid in a fight, but I say that you should make it some UFC **** if you feel like it.

use ur strengths. Good luck.

Dont you mean mike tyson?
Actually kicking is very useful, even if it's just to distract your opponent from a punch you're about to land on his nose.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
bight him in the nuts
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
yes. i got to one belt aay from blackbelt in tae kown do but that was three years ago now.

my and my friend get so much **** at skool because we are labelled emo and frankly im sick of it. they sued to throw things, folow us around callin out **** in huge packs of 30. we knew there was no way we could fight them because of how many there were, so we went to the school deputies and they sorted it out for us.

but now it has come down to a smaller group of gangster kids, these guys are ****ing pyschos and have hospitalised pople before. ima ll for taking them becuse im so sick of their crap. but if i did it like they would pull out a knife or something if they started losing...

i dunno wat to do. thers gona b a fight sometime i can feel it coming. me and my mate wana jump the main guy named kennedy in particular...
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
Quote by BloodStaindHand
yes. i got to one belt aay from blackbelt in tae kown do but that was three years ago now.

my and my friend get so much **** at skool because we are labelled emo and frankly im sick of it. they sued to throw things, folow us around callin out **** in huge packs of 30. we knew there was no way we could fight them because of how many there were, so we went to the school deputies and they sorted it out for us.

but now it has come down to a smaller group of gangster kids, these guys are ****ing pyschos and have hospitalised pople before. ima ll for taking them becuse im so sick of their crap. but if i did it like they would pull out a knife or something if they started losing...

i dunno wat to do. thers gona b a fight sometime i can feel it coming. me and my mate wana jump the main guy named kennedy in particular...

don't make the first move, if you even see one of them with a knife you have a right to anything necessary in self defense, then say you feared for your life, you have that right
Woah! Didn't you say about two months ago that you were leaving?

Bloody attenion seeker.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
i posted some stuff in another thread, but i'll post here too... when u swing or go in for a punch keep ur weight back- this helps keep ur balance, so u dont fall on ur ass and get the **** kicked out of u. keep ur punches straight and jab quickly. if its a serious fight- as in its u or the other guy- dont be too 'moral'- use anything u can, kick (i dont see why people say kicks are dirty) bite, scratch, objects around u whatever. head butts are good too- if attempting one try to used the top part of ur head, like where your hairline is, and aim for the nose.
happy fighting, hope that helped...
potential is a useless word it says i have talent, but no
idea where or how to apply it...
Fight your friends. No joke, organize a fight with a friend of comparable strength and set rules ie no kicks, punches to the head ets. It gives you fighting experience without putting you in the middle of a chaotic brawl. Plus, you always feel like better friends after a good fistfight. Which is wierd.
yeah ive already organised me and my mate the same one hu wants to fight kennedy wih me were gona go inthe backyard and have a scrap sometime to practis and we have a punching bag and my dad is a black belt in tae kwon do so if i practise with my mate and share alll the knowledge i can egt from my dad will be a formidable team
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Fight your friends. No joke, organize a fight with a friend of comparable strength and set rules ie no kicks, punches to the head ets. It gives you fighting experience without putting you in the middle of a chaotic brawl. Plus, you always feel like better friends after a good fistfight. Which is wierd.

me and my friends went thru a 2 year period of just fighting each other for fun after we saw the movie Fight Club.

we used to beat the living **** out of each other. so i really am not worried about fighting.

ill whoop a dudes ass fast.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
do u think kick boxing lessons will help any?

im not going back to tae kwon do, i hate it, its too conformist and conservative.

but kick boxing, if i can find a teacher?
Live. Love. Burn. Die...

vs

Im emo.
i studied Kung fu from 6 years old, i'm now 18 coming up 19.
I'm a blackbelt in it.

best thing to do is not think about it, don't got to lessons unless you want to build up confidence, it does nothing to be honest, it'll fill your head with 'yeah, i just go bish bash bosh in his face and it's done'

if you odn't think about it, a fighting spirit will come to you when you need it in the fight.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
They say to never bring a knife to a gun fight.
The inverse of that is:
Always take a gun to a knife fight.
Fist fights are one step down from knife fights.
Conclusion:
Stab the ****er.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Knifes are for ****in pussies. Stick to your fist beleive in your head that your gona win. Listen to some music like Machine Head pump urself up n get the adrenaline flowing. Just make sure you think in your head that the fight is yours.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
Quote by Bob77tambourine
Dont you mean mike tyson?

dangit...well, I dont pay attention to boxing. it was some huge dude.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by lukaria
Knifes are for ****in pussies. Stick to your fist beleive in your head that your gona win. Listen to some music like Machine Head pump urself up n get the adrenaline flowing. Just make sure you think in your head that the fight is yours.

Because you can pop on some MH in the middle of a beating...

Anyway, Best thing to do is make eye contact (to keep him fron watching your feet). Then, slide your foot forward. Hopefully he'll glance at it. If he does *WHACK* Left hook to the nose, mofo.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
No listen to it before u start fighting.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
I've never been in a real fight but I get picked on my jocks & preps because I guess I'm labeled "emo"

In 7th grade I was in gym and some kid threw a basketball at this big black kid, and the big black kid thought it was me, then he hit me in the stomach then in the face 4 times and I didn't fight back. I didn't fall down or cry either though but everyone called me a pussy.

And threadstarter, you sent me a message asking if I was emo but you just said you were emo yourself... I don't get you.
Originally Posted by acousticpyro23
Bitch get off my nuts.

Originally Posted by Vigilantius
I asked my mom for a cell phone once, and she said I don't have any friends anyways.
Last edited by 86th fret at Sep 19, 2006,
No listen to it before u start fighting.

What about a spontanious attack or ambush?
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Pressure points hurt like a bitch. A few good ones are...

The breastbone. A good, solid hit there will hurt for a long time.
The wrist. Grab the sides, and just keep a firm grip. Twisting the arm helps too.
Temple. One good punch=fight over.
Under armpit. Kinda hard to hit, but jabbing that will hurt for a while, And they might not be ables to use that arm.

Or you could bash his skull in. Either or.
Just refer to Dirge Humani's sig, that should scare the crap out of them. (Thanks to Dirge Humani for having a useful sig)
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Go for the testicles, also the skin on the inside of joints is very sensitive. Best thing is not to fight but to hurt someone enough quickly to disable them so you can make an escape.
the nose, cliched i know, but hurts like hell and makes their eyes water. Many pressure point: S.I.N.G Solarplexus, instep, nose, groin, and if all else fails, shoot them i dunno
There has been quite abit of fighting between my friends and these assholes from a near town. These guys walk around acting all tough and they come to our school at lunch after they talk **** about us only to get their ass kicked. There are these two guy's who actually are really tough though. For the longest time they went around and kicked everyones ass, until one day this scrawny native guy beat the **** out of both of them, at the same time. He kicked their asses so bad one of them put a restraining order on him. And the native guy really has no problem with beating both of them to death either. A few weeks ago their was a fight between one of my native friends and one knob gobbler from that close town, as usual the knob gobbler talked a bunch of **** only to get beat up. That same night the native guy who beat up those two toughs guys' younger brother was fighting some other ass licker from town also, and one of the guys who got beat up, from said scrawny native guy, was actually there, being incredibly racist, right by the indian reserve, where none of the people there are afraid to kill/beat the hell out of him either.
i wouldn't be surprised if he get's beat down again, he really deserves it too.

Yeah...that's my fight story for the day...

The only thing i can think of right now is keep your mouth closed. You don't want to get hit in the face then end up biting your tounge. One day my friend seen this fight sometime after school and he told me about it. Ok, the guy threw a punch, the other dude doged it and went to the side of his arm, grabbed him at the wrist, stretched his arm out and swung at the outside of his elbow causing his bone to snap and break through the skin. Do that, nobody will **** with you after that one. If it works.....
ive never been in an actual fight, but i imagine that if you kicked someone in the knee cap, that would really hurt. like kick up so it goes backwards or w/e. good thread, i can get somethin out of this and im sure a lot of other people will too
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
o sry, forgot to post this.

a couple of my friends an i last year played this game called body shots. you could only punch, and you couldnt hit anything above the shoulders or below the waist. that helps. do stuff like that w/ friends. basically what worked is waiting until they try to hit you, move a little to the left or right, and then when theyre arm is still out, they are vulnerable so you can hit them in the chest or w/e
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i am not a fighter, im a peaceful dude. no one wants to fight with me anyway...the smart ones anyway . seriously, thats what ive been told. one kid tried to start somethin with me last year, and his friends literally pulled him away. i never lifted a fist to fight in my life, but i'm not really the guy you'd want to go toe-to-toe with
had arough childhood growing up in the middle east, so ive been in a few bad fights... this is my advice. always, always be sure of yourself. be aggressive. if for a second, the thought of his muscles, or reputation, or whatever comes in, youve already lost.
pressure points are dead usefull, but to be honest, everything is so damn fast, youre not gonna be thinking about that. the best thing for it is practice. kickboxing is definatly a help, although im not a huge fan of karate, tae kwan do, etc... my personal favorite is thai boxing. a boxing bag will help you concentrate your punches, etc.
dont use a knife. it may seem tempting as a backup option etc, but i really dont advise it.
youll be hesitant with it, it can get you a ton of jail time, and worst of all, if he gets it off you, youre dead. knuckles are enough. practice hitting walls, doing knuckle pushups untill their hard as rock. that should be the only weapon you need.

my two cents..
when fighting face your opponent sideways, that way your arms are your defense........
Punch him in the kidneys,then hit him in the jaw as hard as you can......lights out ****er!!
If you are reading this, GET A JOB!!
Sounds liek a foolish tactic, but if you can take a punch well, then just step in and keep smacking him it the face again and again in the same place if you can. Just let him hit you, don't bother dodging his punches just keep going at him fast and hard. Punch directly the front of his face as well or the jaw, hurts ten times more than hooking his cheekbones, which I see loads of people doing when they fight.

Thats only going to work if you can take his punches though, otherwise you've ****ed it.

Like some other bloke said, hitting in the solar plexus is always a winner!
There is poetry in despair.
Page 1 of 2