There's this guy that gets free mesa boogie gear. I really want a dual rectifier and i've known the guy for a long time. I probably won't but should I ask him for one? . I'm just asking opinions, I highly doubt I will ask him because that would be kinda rude. What would you guys do?
hows does he get free mesa boogie gear.....

and probally not thats alot to ask... maybe hook you up on a deal of something
ya, definately start out saying you wanna buy it, NEVER ask (that always makes the person uncomfortable), but if you have the $ ask, and if he can get you a discount or it for free thats all you can hope for, it like asking for it for free but in a nice way, and if he can he'll hook you up if hes known you awhile and hes a kool guy
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
He's the most amazing player I've ever seen in person. And he had to repair his boogie. He went to repair and he's knows some of the people there they give free gear.
Quote by IbanezxXx
ya, definately start out saying you wanna buy it

His son told me about it, he doesn't know that I know. He thinks I just know that he can get discounts. So that would be a good idea.
Well, TBH, it always agitates me when I hear of people getting free stuff like that...knowing that I worked long and hard to get what I have now. But sometimes people get lucky I guess.

ANYWAYS, dude, theres no way in heck this guy can get you a free Dual Recto, IMO. Mesa/Boogie is so tight assed about that kind of stuff...if they ever found out who dished it out...that dude would be in big trouble. And being that its in the repair department and not the retail department kind of slims down those chances. The most you can hope for is some kind of deal, but I wouldnt expect miracles...not with Mesa/Boogie anyways.
You might aswell ask, it's only a friendship...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just go up to him, and after a little small talk, be like "Man, I really wanta Mesa Boogie Dual rect. " and then be like "Hmm, I wondering if that guy wants me to mow his lawn soon" or shovel the drivewasy or rake leaves or whatever, depending on the season.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I doubt he can get a free dual rect. either his son might of been over exagerating or bull ****eling me.
Quote by metal Lover
I doubt he can get a free dual rect. either his son might of been over exagerating or bull ****eling me.

I think he's BSing you. Mesa stuff is never under any circumstances discounted unless it's scratch and dent. Mesa is notorious for being really tight about this kind of thing.
Maybe you can just bring it up, and talk to him about it. I wouldn't ask straight out, I'd most likely wait for him to basically offer you a discount. You gotta be nice about stuff like this.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Casually walk up to him and say:
"Hey, I really like Mesa's, do you? If only I knew someone who can get discounts off them" *glare at him for several minutes*
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Well, TBH, it always agitates me when I hear of people getting free stuff like that...knowing that I worked long and hard to get what I have now. But sometimes people get lucky I guess.

ANYWAYS, dude, theres no way in heck this guy can get you a free Dual Recto, IMO. Mesa/Boogie is so tight assed about that kind of stuff...if they ever found out who dished it out...that dude would be in big trouble. And being that its in the repair department and not the retail department kind of slims down those chances. The most you can hope for is some kind of deal, but I wouldnt expect miracles...not with Mesa/Boogie anyways.

You realize that they arent buying them directly from boogie, right?

Mesa sells to the store, which sells to the public at a marked up price.

If a store wanted to give away a boogie they could do it. Why would mesa stop them, they already got paid.

I'm pretty sure all that mesa wants to ensure is that their advertised prices stay up. I know they could GIVE away amps (The store would have to eat the $$$ it lost, duh) but the only kind of discount is thru defect or employee discount.. otherwise mesa can get pissy.

I don't think they really do much, just stop selling to the store.. but i think 'big trouble' is really appropreate here.
i work at a mesa franchise and the employee discount isnt that much, but the stores price is much cheaper, we never get a chance at defects though, never seen the option for them, and mesa is very strict about who they will give an endorsement too, you have to sell alot of albums playing a boogie to get free amps
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
You realize that they arent buying them directly from boogie, right?

Mesa sells to the store, which sells to the public at a marked up price.

If a store wanted to give away a boogie they could do it. Why would mesa stop them, they already got paid.

I'm pretty sure all that mesa wants to ensure is that their advertised prices stay up. I know they could GIVE away amps (The store would have to eat the $$$ it lost, duh) but the only kind of discount is thru defect or employee discount.. otherwise mesa can get pissy.

I don't think they really do much, just stop selling to the store.. but i think 'big trouble' is really appropreate here.

Totally. I thought he said the guy worked AT Mesa or something....