my strings are crap. there hard to get in tune and when there in tune iff i play open chords at a moderate pace the strings bang against the frets. so do i need to spend like AUS$30 on a pair of strings to get decent qaulity?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
go get a new guitar., it must also be a problem on the fretboard.
Fret buzz? That's to do with the action on your guitar, the height of the bridge. Oh and the neck, is it warped? Get it set up at a local guitar store.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
You could also change the tuners if the strings won't stay in tune.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
Ernie ball/Daddario are 2 of the most readily available strings, there not gonna cost $30 either.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
like said, sounds like ur action is set too low.

what type of guitar is it? how are u stringing it up? how many winds around the tuners?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
but with the stock strings they never hit. its this new set so should i just go out and get some daddario's or something?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
a different gauge, time, or taking all the strings off at once changed the neck angle.

it's not the strings, your guitar needs to be set up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011