Hello peeps,

I'm looking to buy a new guitar, have done a bit of research and am looking for some more advice before i go shopping (AGAIN!!!).
Current gear: Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Roland Cube 60 amp.

Budget: £700 maximum (700 UK pounds to those with dodgy keyboards)
I want a guitar with:
Thin neck
Decent pick-ups (passive)
Solid / decent construction (doesn't everyone?)
No trem

I play:
Grunge, Heavy Rock, Stoner, some Metal, some Indie. (QOTSA, Mastodon, RHCP, Biffy Clyro, ALice in Chains, Iron Maiden, Kyuss).
I primarily do rhythm guitar. I would also need to be able to play some songs clean, and have a good variety of tone, hence no active pick-up options.

I've already picked out that the SZ320, SZ520 or SZ720 might be good options, as well as the RGA121. I might try an Epiphone G400, but doesn't seem much of an upgrade from my current axe.
Any other recommendations? Bear in mind i'll want to try before i buy, but give me some ideas of other guitars to look out for.

Also: What the hell is the difference between SZ320, 520 and 720? as far as i can tell, they have the same pick-up's and body, but the higher end ones just have a nicer finish. Anyone with experience let me know. And don't just say "You won't regret getting 720 over a 320, it rocks", give me some real reasons/benefits/differences.

Thanks in advance
i don't give a **** about combat18
Last edited by beadlehands at Sep 19, 2006,
i think the only differences in all the szs is the looks, im actually buying a 320 in black, it felt good and sounded awesome
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Cheers for the reply. Come on people!!

I tried the Sz320 quick a few days back. seemed good, but they didn't have any 520's or 720's, so couldn't make a comparison.
I haven't been able to find an RGA121 anywhere. Bloody england
i don't give a **** about combat18
320, 520, and 720 is the exact same thing with gradually improved cosmetics in that order.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I'd pick the rga121. Um about the neck, I think its like a regular ibanez prestige rg neck but slightly thicker correct me if im wrong?
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name