Ive been looking for an electric guitar for a while now and ive shortlisted two models.
Planning to buy in december. Need a guitar versatile enough to be able to play pinkfloyd,megadeth and everything in between. Plz help. The options are:-

Ibanez Rg Prestige RGA321F

Fender Showmaster

Member #4 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club. Goodbye Stevo.....
Quote by fronkpies
Human pussy, horse pussy, Its all pussy

Thanx, cmon guys!
Quote by fronkpies

yeah the ibanez, if you want an metal axe fender is just not the right brand, consider ESP/LTD too
GO with the rg you cant get much more versitile than an rg, especially those.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
the fender's much too overpriced. get the ibanez - it's pretty much the same thing - 2 humbuckers but you're just missing the whammy bar. any plans on getting a guitar with a floyd rose?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
I loved that Fender when I played it, great tone unplugged and distorted, but I can't really voice any opinions about the Ibanez.
Quote by guitartilldeath
the fender's much too overpriced. get the ibanez - it's pretty much the same thing - 2 humbuckers but you're just missing the whammy bar. any plans on getting a guitar with a floyd rose?

floyd roses are a no go for a first guitar imo.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Yeah, I am. A Marshall MG30DFX.
Quote by fronkpies

Dude, those are fecking sweet guitars, I wish i got a guitar like that for my first. I'd personally go with the Ibanez. But seriously, you do not want that amp. I estimate your budget at about $1000 right (going by the list prices of those guitars and amp)

Allow me to make a couple of sugestions:

I've played this Schecter and they are surprisingly versatile and will work well for metal.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=513010

As for an amp, you could get something like this, I hear randalls are pretty good for solid state amps.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG100G3-G3-Series-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=480336

Or a cube 60
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197X

I don't really know much that much about good metal amps so someone can probably give you better options than this, but trust me you don't want an MG. And i'm not just jumping on the bandwagon, I've owned an MG halfstack, and for the first couple of days it was great. I had new amp syndrome (anything would sound good beacuse I'd just spent my money on it) but after a week or two, I realised i couldn't get a decent tone out of it (compared to my Traynor yc50)

Oh well, that's my MG story.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Thanx iwishiwasafish (i don't, tht his id) mayb ill buy a randall then.....stil long time now.
Quote by fronkpies