Hey...i was wondering if it was possible to make the strings on my guitar tighter but without messing with the tuning of it
Quote by Shagey36
Hey...i was wondering if it was possible to make the strings on my guitar tighter but without messing with the tuning of it

You can buy thicker gauge strings which will increase the tension.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
im kinda hesitant to put on heavier strings cuz i hear that they can warp the neck of the guitar...is this true
very slightly yes, but you just need to tighten your trauss rod to balance it
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
so go one gauge up. should make a big difference at all, it'll just feel a little tighter.

on strat trems the bridge lifts alittle but then u just tighten the back springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
This may sound a bit weird and its probably just me. But if you have a Tune-o-Matic bridge with a stop tailpeice, then i find that if i tighten the stop tail piece into the body then the string tension goes up (its harder to fret notes) or if i loosen it a bit it feels a bit looser.

Not sure if this effect is caused by the different angles that the strings pass over the bridge when you adjust the stop tailpiece? maybe i just imagine it.
If you want tighter feel without changing the gauge, then increase your action (harder to fret) so the string would feel a bit tighter, if that's what you mean by tight. Or go one gauge up.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Invictious
tune all strings a semitone up

Oh hell yeah - How did the responses go again? That's right:

" "
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer