Any fans in here?
Can anyone play anything of theirs? If so are there any tips/tricks they use/do?
Whats your favourite song by them?
Does anyone think they should do a rock cover of "dont call me peanut"?
Is this in the wrong section?
Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

Ive got a book of matches.... ive got a can of kerosene.. ive got some bad ideas.. involving you and me...
Bayside uses drop D tuning, if you didn't already know how to play in that. It's easy. And no, this isn't in the wrong section...well, it could go under the musician talk forum, but Bayside definitely is an emo band. Song 8 off of the new CD is a great song.
^I think they've used D Standard and Drop C every now and then as well actually

I <3 Bayside

Local band for me.I've seen 'em 3 times and they were killer every single time.whenever they have a show here all of ****in' Long Island comes,lol.

and my band does a cover of Masterpiece as well,cause we all have a love for Bayside

Long Island pride,yo!
I figured it was Drop D or C, but since working on Masterpiece with my teacher we started playing it in standard, with the intro being C5 to A5, which is how the verses go, although thats palm muted...

Ive seen them play twice, the best one was at Bamboozle.. swear i left that show with bruises and cuts and a massive smile on my face... LI is a great place man, i actually went out to Montauk with my girlfriend and hung out, which was amazing... wish i had the talent to write a song about that day but maybe one day i will...

How does your band play the cover of Masterpiece? Do you have a tab i could see or something?

Exsisting in a crisis is a good song, but the first album is just that bit better IMO, i mean i love Blame it on bad luck and Dont call me peanut among others on the Bayside cd, but Alcohol and Altar boys and How to fix everything are instilled in my blood.. damn i love this band...

Ive got a book of matches.... ive got a can of kerosene.. ive got some bad ideas.. involving you and me...
I hope they keep making music

just enough to love you is pretty baller

only good victory band if i may say so

which i may but people will still argue with me about that
To be the last one
who will sing you to sleep...

christie.FRONT.drive
Quote by perfectreject
I figured it was Drop D or C, but since working on Masterpiece with my teacher we started playing it in standard, with the intro being C5 to A5, which is how the verses go, although thats palm muted...

Ive seen them play twice, the best one was at Bamboozle.. swear i left that show with bruises and cuts and a massive smile on my face... LI is a great place man, i actually went out to Montauk with my girlfriend and hung out, which was amazing... wish i had the talent to write a song about that day but maybe one day i will...

How does your band play the cover of Masterpiece? Do you have a tab i could see or something?

Exsisting in a crisis is a good song, but the first album is just that bit better IMO, i mean i love Blame it on bad luck and Dont call me peanut among others on the Bayside cd, but Alcohol and Altar boys and How to fix everything are instilled in my blood.. damn i love this band...

We play it with only one guitarist(seeing as we only have one) so he usually does the lead parts and I just do rhythm on bass(though for the most part there's no difference).On this site there's a 3 star tab in standard tuning that we use.It sounds right,Just higher than the original.so check that out.

And I agree with 2 above^^.One of Victory's best bands.
I agree... The world would be a lesser place without them...
I hear they're working on the new album currently... Could be all 'talk' though...
Does anyone know if the artwork for Sirens and Condolances is a girl passed out anf the guy upset, like drunk at a party, or did he push her down the stairs and kill her?

^They are working on the album.They've been recording in Babylon on Long Island(Like,15 minutes from me) and they played a new song when I last saw them(It was their 1000th show as well:])
Right at the end of October.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
yeah it was about a year ago now but that was a tragic event. and everyone that was close to John Beatz got a tatoo in memorial of him.
Close this thread andrew....no offense or anything....its most certainly unneccsary
To be the last one

christie.FRONT.drive
ok well i listened to that desire song and if u listen to alot of emo like i do ull know that there nothing speical (they have a bad screamer) listen to stutterfly or scary kids scaring kids there the $h!t
I agree with CMJPEC... Its closing time people... drink up..

Quote by gtr-boy
ok well i listened to that desire song and if u listen to alot of emo like i do ull know that there nothing speical (they have a bad screamer) listen to stutterfly or scary kids scaring kids there the $h!t

haha, they ain't no ****-breath screamo band. he's not a screamer...

both albums rock, probably like selftitled more. they had something good when they got that lineup, shame beatz is gone. well they're recording with that new guy now.

however, the old lineup (for sirens...) had its moments. alcohol and altar boys, etc.
screamo?

i have all of their songs/albums/singles

no screaming what so ever, maybe one song if i remember it MAYBE or i could be mistaken....but yea, i think you have the wrong band
To be the last one

christie.FRONT.drive
Quote by gtr-boy

I agree, their screamer sucks.

In fact, it's like he's non-existent

What Bayside have you been listening to? I think their SINGER has an awesome voice.
He's probably referring to that "yell" in devotion and desire, you know..."How could I KNOOOOWWWWW"...that part. That first chorus in that song, for me, is the best 3 seconds on an awesome album. I love how it's just like a yell, not really a scream. Then the music comes back in and you rock the **** out.
Quote by gtr-boy

i dont think you listened to bayside they dont scream there a pop punk emo band no a post hardcore screamo band
are you sure you didnt listen to silverstein?
haha
bayside
im listining to them at the moment!!
my fav band at the moment
there accoustc cd/dvd is awsome!
they cover the smoking popes' megan on it
F'kin awsome!
my fav song by them has to be 'we'll be ok' or 'montauk'
i saw them in september on the victory tour
with AIDEN!!!! and the audition and the sleeping
if silverstein were there, it would have been the best thing victory could have come out with
if bayside wants to maintain any credibility they shoudl stay away from both aiden and silverstein, especially aiden....and maybe even victory all together

sorry, that is my strong true opinion about that band and about victory
To be the last one

christie.FRONT.drive
Quote by CMJPEC
if bayside wants to maintain any credibility they shoudl stay away from both aiden and silverstein, especially aiden....and maybe even victory all together

sorry, that is my strong true opinion about that band and about victory

i understand 100% your hate towards victory, but why silvertein and aiden?
Quote by screamokid

Aiden=AWFUL

Silverstein=Not good, but....I find some of their stuff catchy.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by screamokid

If your a screamo fan, as the user name implies, you hopefully hate Aiden and Silverstein more than anybody in this thread
To be the last one

christie.FRONT.drive
I fell in love with Bayside when I heard 'Devotion and Desire' advertised on the television and I never heard it again for about a year and i didn't know what the song or band was called. But then I did and I was like HELL YAR!