Ok so im thinking about getting a new all tuber for small gigs. I play in a soft rock/ indie type band and im lookin for that killer all tube tone. Pretty low budget of about £400 so i thought of either the laney vc/ lc 30. Canyou recommend any of these two, and is there any other amps i should consider in this price range (alltube please.)?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I have an LC50 and its a great amp, especially suited to your music styles as about the only place it struggles is with high gain sounds. My only crit is its a bit bass heavy on the crunch channel, the highs really need to be flat out.
I've got a VC30 and I'm very happy with it, look at the reveiws on harmony central they have quite a lot of information, the reveiws for the VC30 are good.
I reccomend a vc30, it's like a poor man's ac30. The cleans aren't quite as good as the ac30's but the overdrive channel is teh secks. It'd be perfect for indie stuff.
These go to eleven...
Yes, yes I can.

I've played a VC30, I was blown away by it's overdrive, it's really the amp for you mate.

Try one out of course.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well i can deffinetly reccomend the LC30 lol. For indie the LC30 is the mutts nuts, set your eq, gain to about 5 and you're away. Really, the VC30 is awesome too, just try them out, you have to :P.
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
i prefer the vc30, it's a lot better, IMO. and about £50 cheaper, too, if you go to GAK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've played the LC30 and it was pretty decent, but it didn't blow me away. I didn't think its overdrive was particuarly suited to indie. I imagine the VC30 would be more suited to your tastes and like Dave said, if you get it from GAK, it's cheap atm.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^ i guess it depends what type of indie. the vc is more british sounding, the lc is more fendery. but yeah, in terms of quality, the vc didn't sound like it was about to explode/fall apart when it was cranked up to 10...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?