WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF METAL?Does it stand a chance with system going on hiatus or with metallica being whiny "Don't steal our songs man!" kinds of people? in my opinion, were totally screwed
FORMATT THIS
Because those are the only metal bands on earth? Ya I totally agree, metal sucks now

And learn not to TRIPLE post.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Naw dude, metal's on a comeback. If you care to overlook comments like 'Panic! At The Dildo and Fall Out Boy are the best thing to happen to metal in years,' that is. Ahem.
Are you serious....?

Is he serious....?
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
dang, this is for real, megadeth is still good, nevermore?(i like em) that kinda stuff is bringing metal back.
Quote by Millertron
Naw dude, metal's on a comeback. If you care to overlook comments like 'Panic! At The Dildo and Fall Out Boy are the best thing to happen to metal in years,' that is. Ahem.

Wot? Fall out boy and panic! didn't even happen to metal, at all, there's hope left though, as long as that is never said again
So are Trivium or Bullet For My Valentine not worth a mention?
Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

Ive got a book of matches.... ive got a can of kerosene.. ive got some bad ideas.. involving you and me...
SCORE: World - 0, Metal Forums - -3
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
There are still bands like Megadeth that put out consistent records without conforming to modern trends. Whether you like them or not, they are consistent. As far as modern "metal", it's already been on the decline for years, ever since people started embracing talentless musicians as the musical heroes of tomorrow. Bands like Korn, As I Lay Dying, and any other bands that growl over top of sh*tty one-finger barre chords are destroying "metal". These posers are taking a dump on metal and promoting shoddy musicianship and half-assed vocal arrangements, therefore eliminating any need for talent. So my opinion is that "death-core-grind-growl-rip-hard-industrial-fart metal" is what will tie the noose for real metal bands.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Quote by perfectreject
So are Trivium or Bullet For My Valentine not worth a mention?

Not really, no.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Yup, unfortunately I'm being serious. It was some TV prgram. I don't actually remember now. But **** it, I don't want metal to be mainstream. It's survived for nearly 30 years now, it'll last.
As far as the mainstream goes, metal will never be 'the thing' like fallout boy or some of the people I'm innundated with everyday on my college campus, but for true headbangers, there will always be metal to rock out to. There are some very good metal bands popping up all the time. Just a couple of years ago, Evanescence hit the big time, more recently, Coheed and Cambria have had some hits. Slayer, BLS, and Ozzy still pack stadiums.

So, if you mean in public opinion, metal is, was, and always will be 'screwed.' If you mean in the hearts and minds of the loyal, metal will never die.
Fair dues...
Killswitch?
Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

Ive got a book of matches.... ive got a can of kerosene.. ive got some bad ideas.. involving you and me...
I wonder how long this thread will go before we'll see a post with any intelligence? So far we're almost through one page without any traces...
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by breadfan82
There are still bands like Megadeth that put out consistent records without conforming to modern trends. Whether you like them or not, they are consistent. As far as modern "metal", it's already been on the decline for years, ever since people started embracing talentless musicians as the musical heroes of tomorrow. Bands like Korn, As I Lay Dying, and any other bands that growl over top of sh*tty one-finger barre chords are destroying "metal". These posers are taking a dump on metal and promoting shoddy musicianship and half-assed vocal arrangements, therefore eliminating any need for talent. So my opinion is that "death-core-grind-growl-rip-hard-industrial-fart metal" is what will tie the noose for real metal bands.

dude, metal has to be one of the most veried forms of music there is, so you dont need to go badmouthing bands that play differently, theres nothing wrong with a one finger power/barre chord if its played efficiently, it might not be your cup of tea, it doesent doom metal, thats just ignorance
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1