hi on my guitar amp it only has the settings gain volume tone and i can not get a good sound out of it?
Let me guess... You have a Marshall MG10? But yeah, not having at least basic EQ blows. You're pretty much stuck until you change amps.
Hi, I'm Peter
depends on the sound you want, try messng w/ yer pickup settings in conjunction w/ yer tone knob, all the way forward on yer tone knob prolly gives you a very trebely sound and all the way back prolly gives it a bass quality, i have a tone knob on my amp and when i suck all the eq out thats what it gives me. also i would recommend some kinda eq pedal, though if yer gonna shell out the money for an eq pedal might as well get a new amp w/ an eq instead right?
Depends on what kinda tone your looking for. Yep Id say EQ pedal like one above me said. But try turning the gain back to like 2 and the volume up and tone back. That should give you a decent start. Ive found most peoples tone problems are in the gain (WAY to much). Turn it back and strum a CHORD not a note and see what you get. But again its about what kinda tone your looking for.
O also get a Gibson!!!! lol
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Quote by Dirk Gently
Let me guess... You have a Marshall MG10? But yeah, not having at least basic EQ blows. You're pretty much stuck until you change amps.

My amp only has gain, volume, and tone. I have no problem getting a good tone out of it.

Anyways, usually, the reason is not the EQ but the amp. If it's a **** amp, it won't sound good.