I've been playing my electric guitar for a couple of months now, and me chuffing cable copped it last night. I need a new one, and all I know is that gold plated tips are a good choice. Can someone give me more tips? I'm sick of playing without an amp!
"Fear of Death is worse than Death itself... When the Ripper is drunk, anyway"
no monster cable.

gold plated is overrated, you wont notice a difference.

thats my 2 cents.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I tried out a few different guitar cables, all from Musicians Friends. Their tweed covered cable is really cheap, something like $6 for 10-foot. It is okay for home use, the ends look to be more fragile than the others I've used.

I also used Pro Co Lifelines, which is more expensive at $16 for 10-foot. This is a much better made cable. Whether it's worth almost 3x as much is up to you, but it is to me. The cable has a very durable jacket and the ends are of a better quality.

A cable that really surprised me is AP Audio Fat Jacks, at $8 for a 12-foot cable. This cable is thicker than the others, but its jacket is made from a very supple material, almost like silicone jacket used by high end wires. The ends are also very sturdy feeling and are gold plated.

These days, I practice mostly with the ProCo wire, and occasionally go to the MF Tweed 20' cable when I need its longer length. If I were to buy things again, I would still get the 10 foot ProCo, and a 18-foot length of Fat Jacks for $10.
Ibanez RG2570E, Epiphone VJH-PP, Celestion V30 Lopo Line 1x12, EHX Metal Muff, Yamaha Magicstomp MKII, Tascam CD-GT1 MKII
CBI will do you fine, they're a great low cost cable, voodooamps.com has some awesome cables and many users claim they are better than any planet waves or monster cables, I use the vodoo cables and thy really are amazing, great clear tone, and about five dollars cheaper than planet waves!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
^I thought he was asking for guitar cables

Go with Planet Waves cables.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I just bought Planet waves with the short switch, really nice.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster