I'm thinking of buying both an overdrive and distortion pedal. I already have a Behringer OD100, which im very happy with, but i imagine its probably quite ****e compared to a Boss Pedal!

For an overdrive pedal i was thinking of an Ibanez TS7 and for a Distortion pedal i was thinking of a Boss DS1.

Just wondering what do ye thinking of them?
What amp do you have?

And the TS7 isn't a very popular pedal, people love the TS9 and TS808.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i have a DS-1, and i didn't really like it too much- it sounds okay on a practice amp, but anything more and it's kinda poor. i upgraded to a MD-2 and i love it.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
^the MD sounds good on that amp? cool, cause i have the same amp and im looking for a distortion pedal
PM me for
Quote by R_H_C_P
What amp do you have?

And the TS7 isn't a very popular pedal, people love the TS9 and TS808.

Yeah i know, however there's a hundred of a difference bewteen them and im a poor student so im more on a TS7 budget! Is there TS7 built for tube amps aswell?(as the TS9,TS808 are)

Ive a 30W drive amp, probably very crap but its all i could afford at the time. At the time i didnt realize how important the amp was!

Quote by AsianPirate
i have a DS-1, and i didn't really like it too much- it sounds okay on a practice amp, but anything more and it's kinda poor. i upgraded to a MD-2 and i love it.

I suppose the DS-1 would sound okay on mine as its a practice amp. What is the Ibanez DS-7 like?
Sorry mate, but most/all overdrives are meant for tube amps, won't work well on your amp sorry!
And try the DS1 out and see what you think.

I once had a Drive amp too, sold it ages ago.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by AsianPirate

I dont mean to bash too much, but ....
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
The TS7 and up are good pedals, dont get the TS-5 though, it sucks
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
I have a Boss OS 2, which is an OD and Dist pedal. It sounds decent, and allows you to combine the two together.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
BOOS make damned decent pedals. I wasn't too impressed by the DS-1 because I don't care too much for distortion, but as for overdrive, the BD-2 is incredible. It's a little more expensive, so if you want to cheap out a little, SD-1's are also gooders.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I have a fulltone fulldrive 2, its an overdrive pedal with a second boost cahnnel. you might wanna look into those. I dont have a tube amp yet, im gettin it next month. I have a solid stade fender deluxe 90 and it sound real nice on it.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Sorry mate, but most/all overdrives are meant for tube amps, won't work well on your amp sorry!
And try the DS1 out and see what you think.

I once had a Drive amp too, sold it ages ago.

Yeah i'll just have to try get a tube amp once i get some cash!!